Wagtail on the unger pole?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rshandyman, Feb 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I just bought another 'end piece' for my unger pole, wedged it in the wagtail and superglued it as I only use a wagtail on a pole anyway.

3. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I want to use wagtail without the pole as well but it leaves lines on the right hand side of the window,maybe I fan with wrong angle or do I need to modify it ?

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Without standing there watching what you're doing I cant comment, but as I said mine is only for pole work on hot days where getting the water bladed off before it starts to dry is key, all other times I simply use my applicator and Contour Pro squeegee set to 0 degrees.

Perhaps you should check out that Waga chap on Youtube, He seems to have quite the hard-on for the Wagtail range and he's quite handy with them to.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

No you need plenty of practise. It's not as easy as all them vids show on YouTube.
    I been trying on & off for 2 years now & still struggle.
    I cannot see how they don't get lines. I've tried everything but cannot get rid of lines. I just keep plugging away.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Posh is right on the money there, I have been using poles (traditional that is) for just over 8 years myself, I consider myself a dab hand with a pole but I also realise it too me 8 years to get here, my lads both do a little pole work but you always see the scrim getting wrapped round the end of the pole after to bail them out.

7. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I see that once you master wagtail it saves a lot of time but I have tried different angles playing with my wrist and still leave water on the glass(not just lines)

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i whittled a little bit of plastic off the Unger tip sides using a razor blade to slice off , then the wagtail fits a treat

9. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I remember that boarcity use wagtail full time. Do you know what is wrong.Is it my technique or something else?

10. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

does it hold in place under pressure?

Advertisement