Wake Up Call, Reasons For Clients Cancelling.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by joneswindowcleaners.co.uk, Aug 22, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Since opening up I have lost my second client. The first client I lost was my own fault, I kept my water pressure down to save money and it cost me no excuses which I learnt from. However I got call this afternoon after cleaning a house who said his windows where that clean from the last clean he doesn't see why he should pay me to clean them again until they are needed despite asking me to clean them every 28 days. He now only wishes to pay for the first clean.

I have removed him from my rota list.

Does anyone have or have had people like this?

Advertisement
  3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

We've all had them mate, some people myself included in the past just get rid of them but if the guy calls back just offer a different schedule based on how long it took him to call, up to 12 weeks though after that I'd class it as a first clean and up the money. I charge more for 8 & 12 anyway.

First one well thats just gotta go down to experience and again I bet we;ve all been there.

4. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

Tell him straight listen pal you agreed you wanted them doing every 28 days, pay me my money and stop messing me around or I'm guna do something with this pole and its not guna feel very nice.

5. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

Dodgers suggestion sounds more professional though!

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Yeah but I do like yours lol.

7. OoO

OoO Guest

As its your second customers its gonna hurt your pride and mentally hurt.

Been in this game a few years now ;) if a customer cancels I don't even bat an eye lid.

Had all the excuses under the sun.

Last one was my gardener is gonna clean them! I said funny that your Gardener retired 4
    Months ago. Why not say you have gone back to a trad cleaner who is charging you £20 instead of our £35. She went bright red. Window cleaners talk love. ;)

8. Thanks guys, now I feel it was not my quality of cleaning but perhaps picked a prat. I like to meet my new clients face to face before cleaning but if I get a feeling they are going to be prats I will ask for payment up front. I will admit I have a lot to learn and it is ok picking up new clients but picking up good clients is another thing and touch wood I appear to have been very lucky up to now.

I also offer a 100% satisfaction on my cleaning ( which I maybe need to look at if they are people who will take advantage of this ).

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best ones I have had

Could you make it another day because....

I'm having a piano being delivered
    I'm having stones put down on the drive and around the back
    I'm having the walls of the house painted

All from one window cleaning customer on a monthly clean in just 4 months :Image13:

10. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

I was chatting with my own wc a few months back and it doesn't take him much to drop a customer. He was telling me of one bloke that asked "can you leave mine this month, it looks like rain" so he left um and didn't go back. A few months later the bloke saw him in the street and said 'hey, you haven't been cleaning my windows" to which he replied "no...sorry...it looks like rain" lol.
    It's not my style as I think a customer should be able to skip aslong as they don't make an habit but, I had to laugh.

Mart.

Advertisement