Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sat In My Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

I'm sat in my van contemplating should I go home or not, I was up the ladder and a gust of wind neally took me off I neally shat myself, so sat in my van on here waiting to see if this wind will die down

I'm sat in my van contemplating should I go home or not, I was up the ladder and a gust of wind neally took me off I neally shat myself, so sat in my van on here waiting to see if this wind will die down
not good! always carry a clean pair of underwear!!!! lol you got much more to do?

ive noticed its getting more windy now...

gotta battle through it in the winter though /emoticons/tongue.png

its **** 3 flors up held on to 1in window sill and laders blown so the top rall of ladder in sted of two on sill just one and on a day with out wind just i brez ,now thats wot call time to go WFP WFP WFP WFP ,AND SUM SAY LADDERS ARE SAFE IN WRITE HANDS BULLSHIT

A TRAD WINDY THIS WEEK HAZ SUMED IT UP JUST ONE ONE FALL FROM NOT WORING AGANE ,thers a full vertion of it on acs under heading winy shouts over

its **** 3 flors up held on to 1in window sill and laders blown so the top rall of ladder in sted of two on sill just one and on a day with out wind just i brez ,now thats wot call time to go WFP WFP WFP WFP ,AND SUM SAY LADDERS ARE SAFE IN WRITE HANDS BULLSHIT
I'm trad and wfp

justify it any way u want but u shud onleydo trad down stares ,dont u thik it wos a wake up call to wfp tops ,and the custys wont pay your bills if u wor luky enuf to only brak alegg ,and if u not luky then thayl not pay for your funeral ,and thay wont send flowers cos u only a windy

No I sat it the van because the wind was that bad, I use ladders but I'm not stupid and I'm not going to increase the risk of me falling, that's what people on here are saying if you treat ladders properly and use them safely you are decreasing thes risk of a accident as with anything, if you use a WFP on a main road you won't use it while traffic is flying down it so you stop, decreasing the risk of injury, it's about common sense and making sure you have a bit of knowledge for whatever tools you use

u sade u shat yourselfe ??????????????????????// hope u not a berden to tax payers after u fall

No need to be like that mate. At The end of the day he realized it was too much of a risk after assessing it and decided The risk was to high (pardon the pun).

How else would he know how windy it is up top??

u sade u shat yourselfe ??????????????????????// hope u not a berden to tax payers after u fall
I would also shat myself if I was using a wfp and a bus just missed me, does not mean that it's not safe to do it at a different time, it's about assessing the situation and choosing the correct tool for the job and wfp is not the answer all of the time, I understand you are 100% wfp but that's your choice I think you need to respect how other people decide to work and stop being so abrupt with your posts.

well buses wont flyu by if u do it early hours

thats why main road jobs should be 1st thing in the morning

lol

but with trad its dangerous at the same time

trad has advantages

and so does wfp

their both good in their own way but wfp is better cos im wfp /emoticons/wink.png lol /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

well buses wont flyu by if u do it early hours

thats why main road jobs should be 1st thing in the morning

lol

but with trad its dangerous at the same time

trad has advantages

and so does wfp

their both good in their own way but wfp is better cos im wfp /emoticons/wink.png lol /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png
Thats what I'm saying H if you have to chose your times that's you assessing the situation, well it's the same with trad if it's to windy do it a different time.

How can you say trad is dangerous you have never done it.

H you have been doing impact 43 and surely you have learned that different situation call for different methods of cleaning I.e wfp, ladders cherry pickers that's why we DI risk assessments to evaluate the risk of each job and choose the correct tools accordingly

You fellas need to open your eyes a bit WFP isn't always the safest option and ladders are only dangerous if the are used in the incorrect manner and nit respected or used at the wrong times

Trad is not dangerous all the time, you also need to consider wfp (as much as I'd love to use one for higher window) costs a lot more to get going with.

Even when I do get my back pack, I'll still do ground floor trad style as I think personally, The job looks better.

Both options are a compromise And depend on how much start up money you have and what work you do.

Back