Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole cleaning systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Shine

Hello, my name is Matt and I have just started my own window cleaning business called All Round Shine, I have just purchased a van and I am now looking to buy the water fed pole cleaning system, I have looked on a few websites and their starter kits but am unsure on the best one to go for. Can you please give me advice or point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Hello, my name is Matt and I have just started my own window cleaning business called All Round Shine, I have just purchased a van and I am now looking to buy the water fed pole cleaning system, I have looked on a few websites and their starter kits but am unsure on the best one to go for. Can you please give me advice or point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Welcome to the forum. Getting into the trade takes hard work, resourcefulness and the ability to source search and gather information.

Use the search bar and you'll find all the answers.

Watch videos read topics learn everything about it before you start

then when you know it all inside out buy it all separately put it together and marvel at your own system

if it goes wrong you can then fix it and you can add extra parts in should you wish 

buying a pre made ‘system’ will cost you far more than if you were to make it yourself 

its very basic stuff most people will be able to do it given they have researched thoroughly

there is everything you need on this forum and for visual learning YouTube will help

good luck on your journey if you are willing to give it your all and commit time to learning you’ll do alright

You need to figure out your TDS reading (how hard the water is in your area) anything below a reading of 100 and you'll be fine with a DI system, anything above that and you'll need an RO/DI system. 

You can either have the RO/DI system as a static unit on your driveway/in a garage or you can have one built into your van system, otherwise the system will be a delivery only system which is essentially just the tank, pump, controller etc.

Go for the biggest tank you can afford, as tempting as it might be to purchase a 350L tank for example due to the difference in price - you will likely outgrow this quickly.

Some of the big companies are: 

PureFreedom, Grippatank, Ionics, Xline, WCW and many more - all of them ultimately do the same thing although some are admittedly better than others. 

If you can follow simple instructions you could also go down a DIY route where you buy the bits and pieces separately and assemble them yourself which is generally a lot cheaper than buying a premade system and having it professionally installed (which I would always recommend personally) 

Good luck!

Back