Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water genie 4040 booster in a box

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chrisb2

Well what a nightmare this is turning into. Installed a new water genie 4040 booster box. Water running to it. Turn it on. Running and work OK for 2hrs 45 mins. Turns itself off and is red hot and won't work now?
Anyone had this or knows why?
Thanks

I believe these are rotary vane pumps. If I remember correctly the spec says that they need at least 10 litres per min input. If they are starved of water they can be damaged. I didn't think that the motors have any thermal protection.
Now it's cooled down is it working again?
As it's new I would contact the seller explaining that your tap pressure and flow are good (I assume they are?) and it only ran for a couple of hours then stopped and was very hot.

I believe these are rotary vane pumps. If I remember correctly the spec says that they need at least 10 litres per min input. If they are starved of water they can be damaged. I didn't think that the motors have any thermal protection.
Now it's cooled down is it working again?
As it's new I would contact the seller explaining that your tap pressure and flow are good (I assume they are?) and it only ran for a couple of hours then stopped and was very hot.
Someone puts the washing machine on or fills their swimming pool in his street and the pressure could drop right off, my tap pressure is at it's highest at around 6am on a morning after that it will drop off.

sounds like a faulty pump - return and get a replacement - my Dab pumps run on average 8 hours a day - not even warm after this time

Update. After it had cooled down I tried it the next day and it's working again.
My tap pressure is 35 psi. I tried the pressure from booster it goes way past and off the scale on a monument water pressure gauge tester from toolstation. Looks like it goes over 160 psi+++. There is a screw which looks adjustable on the inlet side of the pump adjusted that and it made no difference to the output of psi.
I cannot seem to find any instructions for it none supplied. Do anyone know if this is right?
I am about to put a new axeon high pressure 4040 membrane in and do a first initial flush on it. Will it knacker it at over 150psi?

you'll be fine - these can take 600 PSI

Membrane TypePolyamide Thin–Film Composite
Maximum Operating Temperature (°F / °C)113 / 45
Maximum Operating Pressure (psi / bar)600 / 41
pH Range, Continuous OperationA2-11
pH Range, Short Term Cleaning (30 Min.)1-13

Update. After it had cooled down I tried it the next day and it's working again.
My tap pressure is 35 psi. I tried the pressure from booster it goes way past and off the scale on a monument water pressure gauge tester from toolstation. Looks like it goes over 160 psi+++. There is a screw which looks adjustable on the inlet side of the pump adjusted that and it made no difference to the output of psi.
I cannot seem to find any instructions for it none supplied. Do anyone know if this is right?
I am about to put a new axeon high pressure 4040 membrane in and do a first initial flush on it. Will it knacker it at over 150psi?
You where dead head pressure testing the pump. When it's pushing water through your membrane it has the waste gate valve open a little to provide the resistance and allow the membrane to get a decent pressure.
I doubt it will get to 160psi when in use on a membrane - mine does about 80psi with a decent flow of waste and pure.

Thanks for the replies I thought it wasn't right testing the pressure with the flow no where to go
You where dead head pressure testing the pump. When it's pushing water through your membrane it has the waste gate valve open a little to provide the resistance and allow the membrane to get a decent pressure.
I doubt it will get to 160psi when in use on a membrane - mine does about 80psi with a decent flow of waste and pure.
How do measure you are getting 80psi? Do you have a pressure gauge on the waste or somewhere?
On a new axeon hf 4040 membrane how long would flush on its first flush straight out the box?

Thanks for the replies I thought it wasn't right testing the pressure with the flow no where to go

How do measure you are getting 80psi? Do you have a pressure gauge on the waste or somewhere?
On a new axeon hf 4040 membrane how long would flush on its first flush straight out the box?
No specific timescale, just flush till rhe TDS gets to a level you're happy to put through the DI. Usually be at least 4 hours

Back