Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterproofs recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

What are people wearing?  I’ve been buying Screwfix  waterproof suits as they’re only £15 and small enough to roll up and chuck on the van. Trousers rip so easily though I’ve probably now got 5 jackets and one pair of trousers. I’ve also got a couple of Dickies tunnel suits. Stupidly warm even in the depths of winter but not cheap and I tend to wear them out on the seams quickly with winter landscaping work. 

Any sensibly priced or expensive but hard-wearing recommendations?

Thanks in advance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What are people wearing?  I’ve been buying Screwfix  waterproof suits as they’re only £15 and small enough to roll up and chuck on the van. Trousers rip so easily though I’ve probably now got 5 jackets and one pair of trousers. I’ve also got a couple of Dickies tunnel suits. Stupidly warm even in the depths of winter but not cheap and I tend to wear them out on the seams quickly with winter landscaping work. 

Any sensibly priced or expensive but hard-wearing recommendations?

Thanks in advance. 
Plenty of recommendations already within the forum

I personally only ever wear British army soldier 95 goretex 

Or karrimor waterproof breathable trousers from sports direct with a karrimor walking jacket. 

Plenty of recommendations already within the forum

I personally only ever wear British army soldier 95 goretex 

Or karrimor waterproof breathable trousers from sports direct with a karrimor walking jacket. 
Cheers. Already tried the search function but there’s loads of hits for waterproof and nothing really useful to be honest apart from multiple replies from your good self recommending army surplus. I’ll have a look at that but I’m naturally averse to wandering around in camo unless I actually have good reason to. Have met too many Walt’s over the years who think it’s for wandering round Tesco in.  

Cheers. Already tried the search function but there’s loads of hits for waterproof and nothing really useful to be honest apart from multiple replies from your good self recommending army surplus. I’ll have a look at that but I’m naturally averse to wandering around in camo unless I actually have good reason to. Have met too many Walt’s over the years who think it’s for wandering round Tesco in.  
yes i understand the walts ? it is sad but like @Apw1210said i'd go for the gortex bottoms i seem to think or have gleaned you have used them before, the procurement spend a lot of time and money making sure that those bits of kit can endure what is asked of it, i don't have an issue wearing dpm when i pressure wash, for me it keeps me dry and i would say the customer wouldn't give a damn anyway but, you are warm and dry thats, the main thing.

Latest Posts

Back