Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterworks PowerUP-IQ release date is now September 2023!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clene

HD Security Pulley is compatible with our long-term end goal of releasing PowerUP-R and PowerUP-IQ. Roller guides have been one of the final puzzles to solve before releasing PowerUP-IQ to market soo… that’s happening. The reason is that when rewinding at the back of the van via a push button, you must’ve got to the van first so the worst case is a 50M loop for rewind. With PowerUP-IQ you can start rewinding from 100M away so the hose friction is at least x 2, it’ll rewind through the floor, automatically spool your hose and lock the pole to the back of the van. It is as efficient as WFP cleaning will ever get. Our new HD Security Pulley has significantly reduced friction therefore, PowerUP-IQ hard release date is now September 2023. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since we prototyped PowerUP-IQ, here’s our prototype video in case you’re interested

Brilliant news!

Have you not got enough electric reels
??always like to try new things , I wanted this years ago but it’s been a long time coming, also think the reels are the old HD reels that are good but the brass joints aren’t very good and easily leak if they replace them with better ones then that would be a good start , interesting to see what the price will be .

??always like to try new things , I wanted this years ago but it’s been a long time coming, also think the reels are the old HD reels that are good but the brass joints aren’t very good and easily leak if they replace them with better ones then that would be a good start , interesting to see what the price will be .
I'm all for equipment enhancement, even I've been asked to trial @Skxawng latest invention ?, this however looks very gimmicky. Don't see how the outside pole is going to save you more than a couple of minutes a day and invalidate your insurance if you don't tell them you've modified your van, which will increase your premium.

I'm all for equipment enhancement, even I've been asked to trial @Skxawng latest invention ?, this however looks very gimmicky. Don't see how the outside pole is going to save you more than a couple of minutes a day and invalidate your insurance if you don't tell them you've modified your van, which will increase your premium.
I don’t feel the pole on the back of the van will save any time to be honest I can attach a pole and walk to the building just as quickly as the video shows , the time saving is reeling in remotely when walking back to the van , but again doubt will be a huge time advantage , we pull the hose through a rag to remove dirt and water when reeling in and level the hose by hand , I do like the idea of the self levelling but do see what you mean about it being a gimmick , having said that given time I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a standard feature, on most reels .obviously it will be something else to maintain and will ware in time and use more battery power

it looks good but, the lead in and out on the screw is not timed to the motor, if jordan had a chat to ian shepard they would make it work perfectly but, i don't think that will happen too soon. there was a guy on here who made one two or three years ago which worked really well but then again, he used to be an helicopter engineer so understood how to do this.
its not a new thing as people were hacking up the hoselock auto spool reels years ago just some made it work and others couldn't.
just look at the video and have a think, pole on the back of the van,ok, i can go with that but, the hose pulled tight against the hose to pole fitting?, thats asking for a problem
so, i do question whether it has been properly thought through and yes for me, its way too early to think about buying one, i'll wait for the mk111 to come out.

I don’t feel the pole on the back of the van will save any time to be honest I can attach a pole and walk to the building just as quickly as the video shows , the time saving is reeling in remotely when walking back to the van , but again doubt will be a huge time advantage , we pull the hose through a rag to remove dirt and water when reeling in and level the hose by hand , I do like the idea of the self levelling but do see what you mean about it being a gimmick , having said that given time I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a standard feature, on most reels .obviously it will be something else to maintain and will ware in time and use more battery power
carrying on from this, and this was an idea from a long while ago before these reels were standard was to install say a pvc type letterbox with the bristles and inside glue sponge so the hose when auto spooling will self clean as it rewinds, this of course caused some slight friction when winding out hose or rewinding but hey ho.
why hasn't jordan thought of that?, i said that because whilst i do use his products i only ever buy ones that are years old as he never thinks it all through before coming to market just a word of warning to those itching to buy the first ones.

Looks pretty good. Mine auto reels in on a fob button press winding it on left and right while walking back, it's a bit of a bodge DIY job but it saves a surprising amount of time as often by the time you've got back to the van it's fully wound in. I've been working on a more professional version for a while but not really got anywhere with it yet.
I'd happily upgrade to one of these, saying that I haven't checked the price tag yet...

Don’t have obsession with their products. Just obsession with having latest technology and thought people would like to know about it, that’s all ??
But all you have ever posted in your limited time on here is videos of Waterworks products and that's about it, seems strange that you haven't interacted on other posts if you're a full time window cleaner ?

But all you have ever posted in your limited time on here is videos of Waterworks products and that's about it, seems strange that you haven't interacted on other posts if you're a full time window cleaner ?
I assume you haven't look into my post history fully, I have interacted on other posts if I believe I can bring value to it

Back