Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterworks PowerUP-IQ release date is now September 2023!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Looks pretty good. Mine auto reels in on a fob button press winding it on left and right while walking back, it's a bit of a bodge DIY job but it saves a surprising amount of time as often by the time you've got back to the van it's fully wound in. I've been working on a more professional version for a while but not really got anywhere with it yet.
I'd happily upgrade to one of these, saying that I haven't checked the price tag yet...
Really interested how you have gone about this. When I first bought my 3D a few years back, I tried to find then invent an auto spooler, but gave up eventually. I agree, the saved by the hose already wound in by time you get back to the van is what I'm still thinking of ideas. My last idea was a windscreen wiper mechanism, but I just donr have the time to make something with work and family :(

Looks pretty good. Mine auto reels in on a fob button press winding it on left and right while walking back, it's a bit of a bodge DIY job but it saves a surprising amount of time as often by the time you've got back to the van it's fully wound in. I've been working on a more professional version for a while but not really got anywhere with it yet.
I'd happily upgrade to one of these, saying that I haven't checked the price tag yet...
Really interested in how you did yours. I tried a few years back, but gave up. Got the wireless part working, but needed it to autospool otherwise it became a messy tangle. I had a few ideas but nothing materialised. Started thinking about it again a few months ago and best new idea was a wiper motor mechanism, but just don't have the time to try anything with work and family. Like you, I suspected it would save a lot of time, as the hose is already wound in before you get back to the van. If you could share what you have come up with, I'd be completely grateful :)

Really interested in how you did yours. I tried a few years back, but gave up. Got the wireless part working, but needed it to autospool otherwise it became a messy tangle. I had a few ideas but nothing materialised. Started thinking about it again a few months ago and best new idea was a wiper motor mechanism, but just don't have the time to try anything with work and family. Like you, I suspected it would save a lot of time, as the hose is already wound in before you get back to the van. If you could share what you have come up with, I'd be completely grateful :)
As I said fairly basic but has been surprisingly reliable.
Link below:

Link below:

Thank you very much bud. That looks like it would do the trick. Call me lazy, but have you any links to the parts for motor, cogs, belt and wireless fob? It would just save me all the trail and error. Even if you haven't thank you so much, that idea will guide me in the right (and left) direction :)

Thank you very much bud. That looks like it would do the trick. Call me lazy, but have you any links to the parts for motor, cogs, belt and wireless fob? It would just save me all the trail and error. Even if you haven't thank you so much, that idea will guide me in the right (and left) direction :)
That's the sprocket. You can search mini moto sprocket and there's quite a few. Just buy a 25h 6mm chain to go with it.
Electric Motor 24v 280w ZY1016 Brushed 24 Volt 280 Watt 15a 6mm Chain Sprocket 5055583058196 | eBay
That's the motor.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's the sprocket. You can search mini moto sprocket and there's quite a few. Just buy a 25h 6mm chain to go with it.
Electric Motor 24v 280w ZY1016 Brushed 24 Volt 280 Watt 15a 6mm Chain Sprocket 5055583058196 | eBay
That's the motor.
Thank you again. I'll get to this ASAP ?

Last edited:
Link below:

Not taking the **** I thought of Wallace and grommit seeing that, but I’m a bit of a tinkerer so I know about thinking up things & putting stuff together and that probably took a few adjustments to get it going, I haven’t took one apart yet but what about the guts out of one of those enclosed auto rewind hoselock reels ? I would imagine inside the hoselock it’s probably cheap plastic but could you replicate the bottom aligning gubbins in it into steel / aluminium or is it not doable without a machine shop? Only asking as thats what my brain sees looking at the new powerup reel ?
? my brain is all ready working out the cog sizes for the passes per reel turns ??

Actually, this may be better as the hole in the centre of the other one may be too small to fit over the hose reel manifold.
Hey, looking to start building this now. Crazy how busy I've been lol.

What have you got the large sprocket fixed to? To keep it spinning perfectly central and fixed? Cheers

Back