Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website building

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Hi all hope you're all.well.

I'm currently having a website built so thought I'd ask for any tips and pointers

The site is mainly to.push gutter vac cleaning.

My window cleaning round is full but I'm advertising for commercial work on it to try and push abit more with the hope of letting some domestic jobs go.

Any content advice ?

Chees

Have a look at people's websites 100's of miles away from you for inspiration and in case you take some artistic licence, this is what I did around 18 years ago when I did my first site and did a little over the years just to help me get started to give an idea of what to write and also enable to tweak things that I had already written.

Years ago, Google loved lots of written content and I am sure this will still be the case.

Have sperate pages dedicated to each service or sector you are targeting, then each one can be focused on that specifically. Write for the audience, good grammar, punctuation etc. Make sure images are names and tagged correctly.

I think I'm opting away from.putting a price list re gutter cleaning but thinking off stating a minimum charge. Just because a three bed is a typical house doesn't mean the state of the gutters would be I always s3em to get jobs at the.minute where I'm wrestling with grass chunks

I think I'm opting away from.putting a price list re gutter cleaning but thinking off stating a minimum charge. Just because a three bed is a typical house doesn't mean the state of the gutters would be I always s3em to get jobs at the.minute where I'm wrestling with grass chunks
Never quote a gutter job without viewing it. You can misquote a window cleaning job by 20%. You can be 200% out with a gutter job. All I'd ever say is our minimum price is x, which would be a good price, but would confirm or alter after inspection

@marlowswindows I've seen a few gutter clearing/vacuuming company that do this. They just have a "clearance from £50" or whatever. I think not only is it hard to judge without actually seeing a property anyway, there are also a lot of people that think its a £10 or £15 job when it's simply not the case. I quoted a really, really good price for a parent at my kid's school, and they went as white as a sheet. I think they thought it was going to be a tenner or something.

Hi all hope you're all.well.

I'm currently having a website built so thought I'd ask for any tips and pointers

The site is mainly to.push gutter vac cleaning.

My window cleaning round is full but I'm advertising for commercial work on it to try and push abit more with the hope of letting some domestic jobs go.

Any content advice ?

Chees
Yes. KISS
Having key wording such as insured, DBS checked,
price structure often helps
A brief photo gallery of work as a picture paints a thousand words
Customer feedback / highlights of reviews
Operational hours and working radius

i got a screenwriter firm to rewrite my site, so it read a lot better ,was written by somebody out of the industry -worth Every penny [was about £30] for 4 pages of script

Have sperate pages dedicated to each service or sector you are targeting, then each one can be focused on that specifically. Write for the audience, good grammar, punctuation etc. Make sure images are names and tagged correctly.
I use Grammarly on my laptop, it's a grown-ups laptop, not a netbook, this corrects everything, although it can be wrong at times regarding some spelling as although you can set it for English grammar it can with the odd word throw in an American spelling in but very easy to spot.

I use Grammarly on my laptop, it's a grown-ups laptop, not a netbook, this corrects everything, although it can be wrong at times regarding some spelling as although you can set it for English grammar it can with the odd word throw in an American spelling in but very easy to spot.
I always wondered why my screen was so small and hard to see

Attachments

• 86.jpeg
    86.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest Posts

Back