Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website questions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rich ard

Hi all hope you're well.

How.much are people paying to host there website?

Does anybody have a site that customers can pay on? Who do you use to allow this and what are the charges.

Thanks

@Rich ard I just have a free website with Wix. It's ok as I only really need it for a quick online presence. They do a version where you can pay online but it seemed more aimed at retail businesses (at least what I could see). Sounds like a very good option if your business is a big bigger. There's a lad on the FB groups that does hosting and website building. Dan Paton is his name, but there are also some good technical bods on this forum who should be able to advise 👍.

I used to have a website but rarely advertise anymore as my work is mostly word of mouth or lengthy contracts

I personally wouldn't feel safe having a payment facility on a website as I see it as another potential avenue for attack / fraud or hacking

Sounds soft but mitigating the amount of hoops your money travels through adds safety for your customer base and yourself if your host provider gets attacked your website potentially is at risk

im now paying 13 notes a month vistaprint/WIX site. Now for about ten yrs i paid £8 per month VERRY happy and great customer service from vistaprint but last yr was forced to Go to a wix site [vista stopped doing sites] ,i was promised the earth but this so called upgrade did me no favours . i have a seperate unrelated biz that i run in the arvos on the last page of my window cleaning site so all in all i get plenty of work rolling in from it i shouldnt moan .One feature i do not like is the WIX site cannot play background music automatically whereas my original one did . Also im suddenly getting a £30 bill for hosting that i never had before. iv never wanted the option to do payments on my site

Hi all hope you're well.

How.much are people paying to host there website?

Does anybody have a site that customers can pay on? Who do you use to allow this and what are the charges.

Thanks
I pay around £5 a month to TsoHost I have been with them for over 10 years without issue.

Payments, I have a payments page where people can set up a Direct Debit with GoCardless they are directed to GC secure page.

Latest Posts

Back