Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website showing,window cleaning forum threads.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

yeh i am very careful but it would be the worst if i went to the door and a custy says oh so thats what you think is it?....
all names and places are changed in my posts....well except for richard:eek:..and no...its not the richard who is a member on here...unless he wears a kagool and a woolie hat in the middle of a hot sunny day and has rags up across his windows....
He probably does :rofl:

Yeah I know your worries guys. I mean we could shut the forum and go totally members only but then we would would be like ciu and would not list so well in google. Its a hard one really.

That's the problem with open forums as anyone can read what is being said without having to be a member. Also I think the rss feed thing is not a good idea at all.

The only resson we can compeate with the likes of ciu and others in "google rankings" at least is that google can freely crawl the site and we can list for many keywords etc. Without this I feel we would not be as popular or as active as we are.

The other option is a bring back a small members only section to the site. So this section is only accessible to registered members and only members can see the posts in it. I could also maybe block search engines from that section and turn off RSS for that section so effectively the whole members only section would be under the radar. Giving you all the reassurance that you can speak freely and have serious or not so conversations in that section. Obviously if a member registered they could see it but the likelyhood of a customer for instance going through finding us, registering etc just to see that area is slimmer that them just simply being able to freely view it all.

Think we are going to have to created another post for this one! Here it is /emoticons/wink.pnghttp://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/privacy-thoughts.13321/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back