Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

weight of 40 foot poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wisconsinbadger

Hi Guys,

New member from the USA. Unfortunately, I can't purchase the predator as the shipping to usa is more than the unit. Im going with the cyclone triple 3600. My question is the aluminum they use is very heavy and weight about 1.5 lbs per section. Basically, with a full 10 sections you are looking at 15 pounds. Im hesitant as this seems like it's going to be heavy and not ideal long term. At this point makes me lean towards just getting the 20 foot as the weight would drop down to 7.5 which seems like it shouldn't be a problem. Other option would be purchase the lighter aluminum from Julia which I'm trying to do, just waiting for shipping quote.

Surely the length you buy is determined by the typical height of the gutters and reaching over things?
15 pounds does sound very heavy though. I guess more companies in the US tend to get on roofs and blow the gutters clean?

Hi Guys,

New member from the USA. Unfortunately, I can't purchase the predator as the shipping to usa is more than the unit. Im going with the cyclone triple 3600. My question is the aluminum they use is very heavy and weight about 1.5 lbs per section. Basically, with a full 10 sections you are looking at 15 pounds. Im hesitant as this seems like it's going to be heavy and not ideal long term. At this point makes me lean towards just getting the 20 foot as the weight would drop down to 7.5 which seems like it shouldn't be a problem. Other option would be purchase the lighter aluminum from Julia which I'm trying to do, just waiting for shipping quote.
@Wisconsinbadger I think the lightweight aluminium poles here are about 500 grams each (so around 1.1 pounds each). Not sure if you can get carbon poles over in the US but I prefer them myself - the carbon poles are about 360 grams so about 0.75 pounds. But obviously they need light and gentle handling etc.

@Wisconsinbadger I think the lightweight aluminium poles here are about 500 grams each (so around 1.1 pounds each). Not sure if you can get carbon poles over in the US but I prefer them myself - the carbon poles are about 360 grams so about 0.75 pounds. But obviously they need light and gentle handling etc.
I ended up going ahead with just the 20-foot aluminum kit. I am going to look into getting the 40-foot pole kit from Julia.

Latest Posts

Back