Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weird deposit/residue on windows after first WFP clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ryan31688

Evening chaps,

I've been doing WFP for about a year and following a clean last week the client said there were numerous marks on the windows. Popped back to take a look and it's a very rough, dry residue left over certain parts of the window (as you can see in the attached pics).

Nothing seemed to get rid of them — including further WFP scrubbing, wiping with a microfibre and using my scraper. If the window got wet it faded a bit but then it returns once it's dry.

I haven't encountered enything like this in my career so far so any help would be much appreciated!

IMG_2198.HEIC
IMG_2199.HEIC
IMG_2200.HEIC

Attachments

• IMG_2198.HEIC
    845.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2199.HEIC
    427.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2200.HEIC
    654.3 KB · Views: 9
 Evening chaps,

I've been doing WFP for about a year and following a clean last week the client said there were numerous marks on the windows. Popped back to take a look and it's a very rough, dry residue left over certain parts of the window (as you can see in the attached pics).

Nothing seemed to get rid of them — including further WFP scrubbing, wiping with a microfibre and using my scraper. If the window got wet it faded a bit but then it returns once it's dry.

I haven't encountered enything like this in my career so far so any help would be much appreciated!

IMG_2198.HEIC 845.18 kB · 3 downloads IMG_2199.HEIC 427.95 kB · 1 download IMG_2200.HEIC 654.31 kB · 0 downloads
As Part timer quotes, Limescale.

Get yourself down to poundland and pick up a few spray bottles of Viakal limescale remover (shower & Bathroom cleaner.

Using a scraper is the worst approach in my opinion as damaging the glass is a whole world of pain.

Back