Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Well that’s annoying

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sold, I shall order some and a univalve. Green one is currently out of stock though so looks like i'll be going for the orange for now. Need a new brush head anyway, got a first clean on some leaded windows on Tuesday and i've lost my usual brush.

I honestly don’t know what the orange pu would be like on a reel as I only used the orange hot water when Iorder my last pole. 

Youwill need a metal 6mm to 5mm barb to barb connector and ‘o’ rings to fit , also get some polymorph plastic to cover the connector and ‘o’ rings this reduces snags  lots much better than proctaballs etc.

6EC90FC7-751E-48BB-9ECD-FCC4CDA4900E.jpeg

565C46E1-5388-46ED-9D7C-7E4BB1FF68BE.jpeg

5A608A5D-D214-4232-AFEB-53DBF238DB9C.jpeg

Ultimate flock is a great brush on leaded And first cleans, even though I now use a extreme pole, We do Approx 30 house once a month on a estate and they all are square leaded window s I use my slx18 with the ultimate flock perfect for this day you just have to run your hand through the brush and flick the debris often as they hold onto a fair of crapp. 

I was thinking of just connecting reel hose to the orange PU hose and letting it fire straight up the pole. I've found what looks like an alternative though...

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/5mm-water-genie-panther-per-meter-pvc-black-6220-p.asp

I'm gonna order my Univalve from them so I can get it at the same time, what do you reckon?

Ultimate flock is a great brush on leaded And first cleans, even though I now use a extreme pole, We do Approx 30 house once a month on a estate and they all are square leaded window s I use my slx18 with the ultimate flock perfect for this day you just have to run your hand through the brush and flick the debris often as they hold onto a fair of crapp. 
The ultimate Flocked was the one I lost. Couldn't flocking believe it. I know I left it at this guys house when I did his first clean but he swears blind its not there. I reckon he chucked it and doesn't want to say!

Steve at Exceed innovations he makes the univalve nice fellow explained to  all about the univalve he sells the Blue pu hose I have used that and it’s basically the same as the green pu hose bit more epensive I believe though you could also give that a consideration. 

Sorry I can’t give you a answer on the above pole hose as I have no experience with it I’m 100% gardiner fan ? and have had no problems with gardiner’s green pu or exceeds blue pu hose, another thing I would like to point out is that I don’t run these pu pole hoses across roads for traffic to travel over and the only reason why I have 60’ attached Is that I clean some 4 storey houses so like the extra pu hose. 

All of the stuff is turning up tomorrow for me to change to wireless or tubeless or poleless or whatever it is, thanks for the help chaps.

With regards to the hose it started spitting water at the end that is connected to the hose reel. I have a pro 26 connection on it but the actual leak was coming from where this joins the hose and not the connection itself. I tried changing the o ring and it just got worse. When I switched back over to my Gardiner hose I realised why, the hose they supply is flimsy and weak. Its external diameter is smaller than the Gardiner one which means the same size O ring doesn't fit snugly. I could tell when the entire hose was reeled in the 6mm Gardiner hose fits nicely to the reel where as the WCW one had plenty of room left over.

In summary, the Proloc is great aside from a little overspin but I will be buying my hose elsewhere in future!

With the new hose to avoid it getting twisted you have to uncoil it the same way it was coiled at the factory. If you just put it on its side, attach an end to your reel and wind it on, then it will be twisted along its entire length and you'll have kinking issues for ages.

You need to rotate the hose coil as you wind it on your reel. Easiest way is to put a broom handle through the middle of it, suspend it or get someone to hold it, and wind it on your reel like its a spool.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gardiner hose started to twist and cut on the hose reel too. I found the route of my problem is actually overspin on the reel. It came with a simple adjusting bolt on but this was fitted to the same side as the handle. To move it out of the way of the handle the reel would either be too loose or too tight. I had a little look over it and found there is another one on the opposite side which has allowed me to adjust it perfectly. I pulled the hose out and wound it in neatly with no kinks, jobs a good un!

You need a hot water system up here. Yesterday and today its minus till noon. Used hot water yesterday on a row of high small windows on a first clean. Much easier but still doesn't get the silicon off. Had to use the ladder, scraper and Iso to get it off. Makes it easier when I do it in 3 months time. I usually spend an hour on a first clean to get it up to my standard but I charge double.

You need a hot water system up here. Yesterday and today its minus till noon. Used hot water yesterday on a row of high small windows on a first clean. Much easier but still doesn't get the silicon off. Had to use the ladder, scraper and Iso to get it off. Makes it easier when I do it in 3 months time. I usually spend an hour on a first clean to get it up to my standard but I charge double.
what a pain, I dont think ive come across silicon before while cleaning, if i did it just came off ok.

Back