Wfp backpack trolley

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by andy1992, Jun 11, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. andy1992

andy1992 Member

Hi guys,

Have been tradding at weekends for about a month now and ready to get into WFP as i dont use ladders and therefore can only do bungalows atm. Need advice on what kit to get. Im going to get a backpack from WCW and fix it to a trolley as cheap way to start. Was about to buy backpack from WCW but not sure about what fittings I need. I know its's microbore I'm going for(6mm) but the layout on WCW seems to have changed and there is no clear pointer to the fittings u need. Can anyone have a look and help me out. Also would I better phoning and asking for a deal on a bundle of stuff like di vessel, resin, brushead etc or can i pick these up cheaper still on fleebay etc ?

cheers

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome....i only trad but am looking at wfp and it can be very confusing.....:confused:but thanks to these posts i am getting there....one day i will commit :) the experts will be on shortly...

3. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Phone them and order over the phone, then you can tell them that you want microbore / rectus 21 fittings on the backpack.

Here is an image of the standard microbore fittings we use (Rectus 21) both male and female.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WFP-Water...omeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item233bb58066

The right side of each of them are shoved inside the hose to grip. Normally a WFP will have a male fitting on the end, and an extension hose, or your backpack will have a female fitting.

DI vessels can often be purchsed 2nd hand from eBay cheaply.

Poles - down to price, preference of manufacturer, weight and length.

Brushes - down to personal preferece as well as what you are doing with them. Some people love the brushes that I really don't like myself (obviously they are wrong to like them ;) ).

4. Posh

Posh Hero

#4 Posh, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Your wcw backpack should come with a hozlelock female connection if you choose that option. ( mine did ).
    You then need a hozlelock male connection with a 6mm tail. Your 6mm hose fits on the tail which then connects to your female hozlelock on yer backpack. I then take the other end of my hose & connect it to my pole. I use 6mm T shaped push fittings so I can just push it in & out when I use it. If you use 8mm hose you obviously need 8mm tail & push fittings. You might want to put a tap on your hose to turn water on & off. Hope this makes sense.
    Bear in mind I use my hose on the outside of my pole.

5. Rob Phillips

Rob Phillips Member

You should watch Waggas videos on YouTube , great advice about setting up your own DIY WFP trolley , cost about £180 ish ?

Advertisement