Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using A Belt Bag Effectively

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I keep my scrapers in pouch so I modded the scraper bit to take my 6" squeegee, easily cut with a stanley knife.

Like this

dsc00673rt.jpg

Just get the normal green BOAB just like in the pic above.

When I was window cleaning last year with a mate, I remember having a BOAB that holds both 12inch and 10 inch squeegees, (in one pocket which was halfed to allow both squeegees) don't know who makes them, but could never get one since, so I keep the 10 inch in my pouch.

I have the black and blue pouch, black cotton on outside and is blue plastic lining on the inside so water or dampness doesnt seep out! briiliant!

Bought a blue BOAB off eBay has 3 squeegie holders all will take 9" of blade so that's 18" if that makes sense about £12 haven't used it yet bit bigger than it looked in pics has belt loop included needs shortening a little on the loop looks like it should work

Just a thought :blink: .

Those 'old fashioned' /emoticons/tongue.png stainless steel handles your using on shorter length channels will not help. I've just been in my garage, and been balancing squeegy channels with the Stainless Steel v Green Ergotec Handles (YES...I'm THAT bored :lol: )

The weight of the SS handle will be heavier than the channel itself, causing the handle to tilt-back on itself, and inturn the weight of the squeegy will be outside the BOAB, so will work/bounce it's way out while walking/moving about.

The Green Ergo Tec Handle is much lighter than the channel.....so the weight of the channel is more than the handle,so the weight will be inside the BOAB.

Not only that, but as 'Dodger' has already said, the Ninja BOAB has wider slots for the Ninja squeegy and this will not help with shorter length 'S' channels

You could try cutting a slither/length off a 'Grouting Sponge' to fit in the Ninja's channel slots to take-up the slack of the squeegy.

Told you I was bored /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png .

ps

Now that I've re-read all that back to myself :wacko:.........Oh well! :rolleyes: .....I know wot I mean anyway :huh: ...I think /emoticons/biggrin.png .

to counteract the weighting i have the handle of my squeegee pointing one way and my applicator handle pointing the other way, if that makes sense?

I dont know if i can cut it for the squeegees to stay lower I think i might break it! Maybe I can fit something which holds the handle more tightly, maybe in B & Q. Or what was the BOAB recommended which would definitely hold them?

Same as mine I think its called Unger classic lol. The Pulex one I think will hold them better as well. If you're gonna buy another ya may as well mod it or sell/swap it.

I keep my scrapers in pouch so I modded the scraper bit to take my 6" squeegee, easily cut with a stanley knife.
Like this

dsc00673rt.jpg
they're tight right, not falling out?

looked on ebay, and from the pixs just cant tell which one would hold my squeegees, anyone have link for one like above?

Use the link in bottom right hand corner of forum index for window cleaning warehouse look on their site under trad

unger stuff is great but the ninja line id stay away from too many faults.

ive had a pullex BOAB for 3 years and it sound everything fits in ok 2 squeeges and a 10in applicator.

unger stuff is great but the ninja line id stay away from too many faults.

ive had a pullex BOAB for 3 years and it sound everything fits in ok 2 squeeges and a 10in applicator.
Yeah same as the one ive got lad, is it the blue one? keeps everything in there a treat, nothing falls out of them

I was thinking before I order one of the recommended ones you've given. Maybe take a coping saw to mine and cut down three inches making sure the thickness is exactly the same as the squeegee's handle then it will be tight in there. Just worried might split and break the BOAB (ninja). But could try, the plastic is thick and strong.

Latest Posts

Back