Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP maintenance clean frequency.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve been considering changing my frequency to 5 weekly. Most of the cleaners around me clean on a 4 week cycle, sometimes I find, at 6 weeks, the windows are filthy. I thought that extra week could make a bit of a difference - plus I’d be able to take on an employee without having to start looking for new customers as the takings would cover part time wages ?
id stick to 4 weekly.....i find i can still get 12 cleans in a year despite having 4 or 5 weeks off for holidays/xmas,etc every year.....

What's the point in doing them when stormy, they will be opaque within a day. If someone is due on the coast and strong NE winds are forecast we wait until they've blown out.
There are northerners and southerners ................... ?

We used to have a saying in South Africa made popular by Afrikaans speakers. "There are some who would roll a 5 cent coin enough to make Jan Van Riebeeck's eyes water."

Now here's the joke. "Many of the Afrikaner population view him as the founding father of their nation. This regard was also prevalent in that his image appeared ubiquitously on stamps. An image used on currency notes after South Africa became a republic in 1961 was thought to be that of Van Riebeeck, but was instead of Bartholomeus Vermuyden." Wikipedia.

4 weekly all day long! 12 cleans a year and 4 weeks off (in theory ?). 
That keeps custys windows clean year round and that’s what people pay me for. I do have a few on 8 weekly but I charge more and advise against it and don’t offer any kind of guarantee.
Less frequent is harder work and you’d need 50% more customers on a 6 weekly round than 4 weekly. Even more admin. 

When people say to me “is it 4 weeks already”? I reply “yes” and crack on. ?

That keeps custys windows clean year round and that’s what people pay me for. I do have a few on 8 weekly but I charge more and advise against it and don’t offer any kind of guarantee.
Less frequent is harder work and you’d need 50% more customers on a 6 weekly round than 4 weekly. Even more admin. 

What’s 4 weeks of a year got to do with the frequency of cleans?

I do 6 weekly, but still have a minimum of 4 holidays abroad and one in Cornwall.

Just tell the customers “I’ll be late around next time”, then pick up where you left off

50% more customers yes but all priced higher as it's less frequent = More profit for the same amount of work once you have the customers.

What’s 4 weeks of a year got to do with the frequency of cleans?

I do 6 weekly, but still have a minimum of 4 holidays abroad and one in Cornwall.

Just tell the customers “I’ll be late around next time”, then pick up where you left off
What’s your holiday got to do with it? ? It’s a theory as I said. Around 12 cleans a year and it’s just keeping them clean year round. Easy work. 

50% more customers yes but all priced higher as it's less frequent = More profit for the same amount of work once you have the customers.
Yeah if 6weekly cleans take you the same time as 4 weekly then that = more profit. Otherwise not. And it’s 50% more people to deal with and account for. If you have 1000 customers it’s hard enough work organising it. I’d need 1500 to keep me fully booked. 

Yeah if 6weekly cleans take you the same time as 4 weekly then that = more profit. Otherwise not. And it’s 50% more people to deal with and account for. If you have 1000 customers it’s hard enough work organising it. I’d need 1500 to keep me fully booked. 

I'd say the 6 weekly does take the same time for the most part, but i completely get the dealing with customers part, another 500 could be a lot of headaches and not worth the stress!

When I started there was only one other cleaner in my area he did 4 weekly or monthly so I just followed suite , I recommend 4 weekly and most are happy with that I still get quite a few ask for  2 weekly I suggest they try 4 weekly and if they want more frequent cleans let me know , none have ever come back asking for 2 weekly , commercial and costal stuff is different when it’s rough weather some shops and restaurants etc are done daily 

Oh man! How many times have I said that? And to how many people? I've given thorough explanations and reasons and I've suggested people run the reasoning by their accountants. I don't think anyone has up to now.

For sure 6 weekly as against 4 weekly if it's charged a small bit extra for each visit can add up to thousands of pounds extra in a year for the same amount of jobs overall done.

Back