Wfp V Traditional Cleaning

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Squeak and Bubbles, Jan 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Squeak and Bubbles

Do you think wfp window cleaning keeps windows cleaner for longer than traditional cleaning?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

If done properly then I think they do as there is no soap residue left behind, after taken over house from some trad guys there always seems to be soap bubbles on some of the windows.

3. Martyn

Martyn Active Member

4. Squeak and Bubbles

Has any customer said they stay cleaner?

5. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

No! depends on what solution you are using trad, that will deter how long windows stay clean!

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Putting any solution on will leave a film over the window,leaving it with a better grip for any dirt or dust to settle onto.

8. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Even if pure water makes the windows stay cleaner for longer (not sure how true this is, but will go with the flow of the question)

I just hope you don't tell them this (to get a sale (to make it look better then trad clean)) cause then customers will be like, if thats true then we will have them cleaned less often like 8 weekly or 12 weekly....lol

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I've told customers this and they still have every 4weeks, even says it on my website lol

10. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Did a mates house that I can try different cleans on hadn't been cleaned for over two years took some scrubbing to get the algae off the frames garage doors and some stubborn marks from bay windows all done via cold pure water via wfp using trolley system no chemicals full novice at water fed and home built trolley this as had deep clean all pure water even experiments carried out with aldi microfibre floor mop used on internal window took forever as has good range of upvc around property even included half of neighbours cony which hasn't been cleaned glass or upvc for over five years front of house still looks great with some small spots on glass developing 5 weeks later the rear defo worse but is affected by wood burning stove in rear facing property garden also cleaned my own pure water deep clean as been cleaned regular every month previously trad by other cleaner different style of house this is terraced straight after wfp cleaned all downstairs window trad with unger soap seems to suck the dirt to the windows downstairs within a fortnight not the perfect experiment as not same areas sheltered windows obviously fair better my own house being in non smokeless area not a perfect experiment but seems putting soap back on the window takes more cleans to get right or could be technique the wfp didn't remove the deposits on my own windows around the lead on glass where the years of soap wipe have built up the leading is on surface of glass and raised and with the years of cloth wiping by previous cleaner a grey shadow line as developed visible from the insides not quite the answer your lookin for bubbles but on going experiment to see how it develops

The reason for the experiment just want convincing over wfp defo look cleaner in sunlight situ and the glass is visibly cleaner but those tough cleans pure water could do with a helping hang to make it cost effective

Advertisement