Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Am I Doing Wrong

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My background is sales and marketing. Worked for a large CCTV company. until they ripped me off. I knew another wfp chap and he showed me what to do on his house, he just said "make sure you rinse" it's all about rinsing properly. It always stuck in my head.

I haven't had any issues about drops with my new or existing customers. I tell them before hand what might happen, and leave them some info about the wfp cleaning methods.

no wonder your business has boomed fast then if you was into sales and marketing,was thinking hes done orite has that lad. /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks, I could have a lot more but don't really push it. Website brings in a lot of new window and carpet work. Ruth (wife) will have finished my new website by the end of this week. I pay her out of love. :wub:

lol id pay my mrs in love too but she would rather see the £20 notes :lol:

ill stick to doing it me sen /emoticons/biggrin.png

yeah but she wants a stack of them as she dosent trust me and £50 notes lol she knows she will get some snides haha :lol:

Yeah thanks wasn't the best day for it today with the showers round 2. tomorrow my mums going to have the cleanest windows in town need this to work spent a **** load of cash on the gear /emoticons/sad.png
welcome to the club

Lot's of guys quit on the WFP system of cleaning because they get better results the traditional way. I was almost one of those guys. Someone told me not to give up and keep at it until I was good at it. So glad I didn't quit. Stick with it. :)

Had a bad first day today took enough water to do all 3 jobs ended up useing it all on the first job. My neck is killing me from looking up all the time was happy to do the last Job trad. Think I'm going to use the back pack on decking and hard to reach windows /emoticons/sad.png

Had a bad first day today took enough water to do all 3 jobs ended up useing it all on the first job. My neck is killing me from looking up all the time was happy to do the last Job trad. Think I'm going to use the back pack on decking and hard to reach windows /emoticons/sad.png
This is what happens when your new to the game mate /emoticons/smile.png

u will be able to do 7 houses with all that water u used to day in a few months /emoticons/wink.png

I was training another lad up today using the wfp... his body was all still, a lot of firm pressure on the pole, too much and ott with the water. I always say, practice makes perfect. He watched me again, and I watched him on a few houses, body/arms was still stiff looking, Said "his arms kill"

I always remember the first house I had when I cleaned the wfp, flip me, arms, neck, and back killed. Took a week or so to get into it.

Now I can do 30 houses a day, depending on the size and area I'm working in. No problems with arms, back or neck. Stick it out, give it a few weeks.

How much water did you take with you for those jobs?

I've been using a pole for 4 months now. It's getting easier and I'm quite quick. Just hope I'm doing a decent job at the pace I'm going at.

My main problem is that I've not got into a groove with my technique. I seem to use the pole differently all the time. Whereas with trad I could do it on auto pilot.

On another note, I can't get my head round rinsing an inch below the top of the glass. I've been rinsing right to the top and it seems to work. Maybe I rinse too much?

try putting 24 fencing panels (concrete posts n gravel boards) up in a day then your pole may seem light.

people say this wfp is quicker but not from what ive seen i do like it though.

i wipe frames over all the time im trad.and can do 24 houses in a day.

I was training another lad up today using the wfp... his body was all still, a lot of firm pressure on the pole, too much and ott with the water. I always say, practice makes perfect. He watched me again, and I watched him on a few houses, body/arms was still stiff looking, Said "his arms kill"
I always remember the first house I had when I cleaned the wfp, flip me, arms, neck, and back killed. Took a week or so to get into it.

Now I can do 30 houses a day, depending on the size and area I'm working in. No problems with arms, back or neck. Stick it out, give it a few weeks.

How much water did you take with you for those jobs?
what size was his biceps lol 10inch?

people say this wfp is quicker but not from what ive seen i do like it though.
It is quicker mate. I reckon I can do easily 25% more in a day. I'm 2 days ahead of myself this month and that's with all the frost etc. I've had to knock off early some days as I was getting a bit too ahead of myself.

you must be one of the good ones the lads i see round here are jokers id leave them standing with the squeegee a tell thee lol

Yeah I spent most of the day getting my hose caught and filling the backpack up. trad is simple and quick bucket on belt scrims scraper and ladder oh and god old fairy up liquid less over heads as well. I will keep at it but 12 years trad knowing how quick I can bang out jobs going to be a tough decision.

Latest Posts

Back