Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Started Window Cleaning In Jan 14

WCF

Help Support WCF:

[QUOimportantE=Sure2Shine, post: 163899, member: 7762]Hello mrtaytay,

Yes 100% door knocking i found to work best for gaining customers who live close to each other, u either get a no thanks or yes please how much or no i ant got a window cleaner and i dont want one or the worst one i had so far was a filthy house with a conservatory i spent 5 hours guttering as well for a £16 every 6 wks sign up and she never had the money to pay me that day, i was a bit gutted and after 2 visits and still no money i left me not being to bothered about my window cleaning business for quite a few days including a bad Feb 14 however i sent a txt saying how hard i worked and she txt back saying pop round get ya £16 so i did! the point to this is watch out for over keen customers when door knocking, you are right there is plenty of work out there if you are willing to go out and get it! thanks for your reply and welcome mrtaytay i am going to keep going and graft on for a bit and see how it goes. David

Its Important to keep your spirits up david. You are bound to have a few bumps to begin with......non payers, badly priced jobs, .......but with hard work and perseverance, you will get there.

Welcome to the forum. I started just like you five years ago in January. Door knocking is by far the best way to get work.

You'll lose some on the way and you'll get non payers (I clean new customers twice and if they haven't paid I drop them) but most people are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks For all your support but i found cold calling more fun so as a test i have put the 17 customers i have found and cleaned up for sale on ebay.

i am looking at working for myself just finding customers for other people and selling them for a living! i find it much more fun!

HI, I started my window cleaning round Jan 14 after much hard work i have gained 17 Customers which i have spent the hard work and time getting these window's, gutters, conservatory's up together all my customers are over the moon in how they have been treated and are very happy indeed with the service which i have provided so far.

I have 15 Customers in Totton 1 customer in Cadnam, and 1 Customer In Lyndhurst

All my customers pay cash on time 1 customer is a single mum who once took a week long to pay but she does pay all the rest are brilliant.

they all live close together which is good.

i can take you around the round if you require

i have cleaned these window the traditional way 1 customer will want the same the Cadnam one because it's a old thatched cottage with lead but worth the money! & this is the only customer at 8 weeks

the rest are 6 weeks.

Total Revenue window cleaning £207.00

Total Revenue Gutter Cleaning @ £1 per meter introduction price £104.00 needs to be done when required but i have already cleaned the gutters this year. I did them for a quid in with the windows to make up the 1st clean worth of profit from each one.

you can re negotiate a better price next year.

A Fair Price is 6 times the value so i will put a buy it now at £1200.00 but in all honesty i am open to offers the guttering there is no charge FREE as the guttering has been done for this year!

any Q'S Just Ask!

i think 3 times is alright however..dont think you will get this by the gav police as its not in the resources/ sell section....i personally wouldn't buy a round that hasn't any age to it..../emoticons/smile.png

not so sure what mr smurf will make of the gutter cleans for a quid idea....:eek:

Thanks For all your support but i found cold calling more fun so as a test i have put the 17 customers i have found and cleaned up for sale on ebay.i am looking at working for myself just finding customers for other people and selling them for a living! i find it much more fun!

HI, I started my window cleaning round Jan 14 after much hard work i have gained 17 Customers which i have spent the hard work and time getting these window's, gutters, conservatory's up together all my customers are over the moon in how they have been treated and are very happy indeed with the service which i have provided so far.

I have 15 Customers in Totton 1 customer in Cadnam, and 1 Customer In Lyndhurst

All my customers pay cash on time 1 customer is a single mum who once took a week long to pay but she does pay all the rest are brilliant.

they all live close together which is good.

i can take you around the round if you require

i have cleaned these window the traditional way 1 customer will want the same the Cadnam one because it's a old thatched cottage with lead but worth the money! & this is the only customer at 8 weeks

the rest are 6 weeks.

Total Revenue window cleaning £207.00

Total Revenue Gutter Cleaning @ £1 per meter introduction price £104.00 needs to be done when required but i have already cleaned the gutters this year. I did them for a quid in with the windows to make up the 1st clean worth of profit from each one.

you can re negotiate a better price next year.

A Fair Price is 6 times the value so i will put a buy it now at £1200.00 but in all honesty i am open to offers the guttering there is no charge FREE as the guttering has been done for this year!

any Q'S Just Ask!
ok thanks for your thoughts it was more of an idea, the gutters have been done. i don't think a £1 a meter was to bad, oopps! ok from you kind words i shall lower my price!

Back