Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What company would you use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick1000

Hello everyone, I know it's a difficult question to answer but received all my quotes for a full one-man van set-up
including 700l tank, RO system, poles, pumps and installation etc. All quite similar on price and spec and would love 
the forums opinion on which company you would lean towards if it were you based on reliable of machinery, performance

& industry reputation. I really would value the groups opinion as your the experts and I am sure many of you have these

WFP set-up's and have been working with them for years. I know this topic has been covered before but would love to 

know your thoughts..

1.The Cleaning Warehouse
2.Brodex
3.Waterworks
4.Pure Freedom
5.Ionic

6. GrippaTank (25% dearer than the rest!) 

Mate it is so easy to do this your self its untrue , over the last 5 years this game has become a joke with these systems they wrap a shiny logo on a tank and charge 1000s for a £400-500 set up . 

No matter how much you spend they all do the same thing.

Its  got like the supplement industry , you can now body build from your local petrol station .?

Do your sen a favor put the money towards a new van and plumb a system in ya sen 

This Guy says it all....

Last edited by a moderator:
30 minutes ago, Master Splinter said:

Mate it is so easy to do this your self its untrue , over the last 5 years this game has become a joke with these systems they wrap a shiny logo on a tank and charge 1000s for a £400-500 set up . 

No matter how much you spend they all do the same thing.

Its  got like the supplement industry , you can now body build from your local petrol station .?

Do your sen a favor put the money towards a new van and plumb a system in ya sen 

This Guy says it all....

Strapped down tank ? prefer to pay a bit extra and have a chance of living in the off chance I have a crash. I don't have a problem with what else is said but strapping tanks isn't what people should be doing.

Pure Freedom. A 500 litre delivery only is about £1,500. You wouldn’t do it much cheaper yourself by the time you’ve bought a frame. Tank £200, reel £200, controller and pump £200, frame £300, battery £100.

If you're looking for the cheapest option then strapping a tank in your self or a diy set up will be the one.

If you're looking for the safest then Grippa tank are the ones followed by pure freedom and ionics.Most apart from brodex will offer a good level of customer service and quality products.

If price isn't a motivating factor then you will be hard to find better than Grippatank.

As said I've had a Grippatank system fitted in my van for 3 years I plan running the van for another 7 years then sell it then  I'll buy a new van and get Grippatank to install a new one.

I suppose if I had the time and inclination I could do a self build ( get a tank properly fitted, no ratchet straps) 

But I'm quite happy to pay for a quality system without hassle.

Horses for courses and all that.

Strapped down tank ? prefer to pay a bit extra and have a chance of living in the off chance I have a crash. I don't have a problem with what else is said but strapping tanks isn't what people should be doing.
Nowt wrong with straps as long as you use the right ones they use them on artics and holding motor cross bikes in place chill ya beans 

Hey chaps-

100% stupid idea to strap a tank in the back of the van- only last year friend of a colleague who was a window cleaner crushed to death after being involved in a crash which led to the tank tearing the tie down bolts straight out of the floor (straps are not the weak point!) tank pushed through the bulkhead and killed him.  Water moves differently in a tank than a solid load would, basic physics.

Also as another friend found out-his insurance company refused to pay out on his accident when they found that his tank was strapped rather than fixed..... 

Anyway-for that and many other reasons I went for a Grippatank system.  It’s the old adage, You get what you pay for.

Hey chaps-

100% stupid idea to strap a tank in the back of the van- only last year friend of a colleague who was a window cleaner crushed to death after being involved in a crash which led to the tank tearing the tie down bolts straight out of the floor (straps are not the weak point!) tank pushed through the bulkhead and killed him.  Water moves differently in a tank than a solid load would, basic physics.

Also as another friend found out-his insurance company refused to pay out on his accident when they found that his tank was strapped rather than fixed..... 

Anyway-for that and many other reasons I went for a Grippatank system.  It’s the old adage, You get what you pay for.

Totaly  agree I think vehicles with modifications ie tanks should be included in the mot  if people remove them for  the mot then caught they should be prosecuted  , the law needs changing any tank in a van should be permanently fixed in with frame and bolted in place like Grippatank and ionics do .

Back