Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How High Would You Go On A Ladder?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Just had a call from a client who lives in a large townhouse, so 3 windows tall! How many of you would use a ladder to clear the gutters? I've personally not been quite that high, I don't have a gutter vac unfortunately as all my gutter jobs have always been regular height houses which I have no problem with!! I have a bloke to foot the ladder as well!

personally i would pass on it, even tho i can get hold of and use class 1 ladders and have someone foot the ladder.

dont mind going doing normal houses gutters.

Personal preference to be faire, I would do it lol. In saying that maybe its a good idea to get a gutter vac now? Cant you go down price it but price it really well, enough to cover the cost of the poles anyway. Then could you buy the vac. Another 2-4 jobs and your in profit?

I'm torn between yes and no at the moment, I've got to ring her back tonight to tell her if I can do it. I've given her a quote of £120 for a 5m length at the front and she said that would be fine as it was high! What kind of prices am I looking at for a decent gutter vac, anyone got any links?

It'd do it by hand but use a ladder stand off, I don't bother at normal height. The cheapest gutter vac I've seen has been £400 on eBay that's for a 30ft reach. You'd probably need a 36ft set though for a gutter that high.

Even though the HSE guide is 9 m max ladder height I would not go that high with a freestanding ladder to clear out guttering. /emoticons/biggrin.png

As an example I did this one using a 4200 watt guttervac and still struggled at the back to remove some sods but after a lot of fecking about just managed to do it.

Was not a full height 3 storey property either but the gap was ok and made it a lot easier as the gutters were half round.

View attachment 1867

If the gap is very small between the gutter and tile overhang then your are stuffed too as trying at that height to clear blocked gutters & downspouts in near on impossible to do

Just full so usual ****, moss, leaves etc, I've not seen in there myself, but she recently had solar panels fitted and they informed her they'd need doing. When I gave her a rough quote of £120 I was expecting her to say it was too expensive tbh lol!

Have seen some gutter vacs but been told to get at least a 3000w one or wouldn't be powerful enough

Smurf that Looks pretty similar in height to the job. And your saying you use a 4200w vac so the bloke that said bout a 3000w sounds like he don't really know too much haha! II thinkI need to put safety first and turn it down unfortunately, hate turning work down!

yeah aminium of 3000 watts ,theres a vac called coveva and its the excact same as the eastern trading so its ok , they sell for around 330 and there was a guy on here a few months back who sells decent poles i think mark m got a set , if i remember correctly they call me m got one of the coveva vacs so ask the lads

yeah aminium of 3000 watts ,theres a vac called coveva and its the excact same as the eastern trading so its ok , they sell for around 330 and there was a guy on here a few months back who sells decent poles i think mark m got a set , if i remember correctly they call me m got one of the coveva vacs so ask the lads
Nice one, cheers mate

You can get one for 280 with free delivery, 220 for 32ft poles.

Wow that seems a really decent price! Just looked at an omni-vac and saw the price and almost had a heart attack lol! I've just checked out the Coveva website, my ebay is being a prawn so can't see if they have any on there yet! Cheers lads

I'd do that one in Smurfs pic on a ladder nae bother, ive done some 3 storey ones, always 2 of us use a stand off, and as always my price is £150 , and i say too em , at that height take it or leave it, usually take no more than an hour front and back

Depends on the ladder...

I don't like going that high on the ladders I use currently, when you get to the point of going from standing on two rungs to one rung then that scares me, doesnt feel safe.

My ladders are decent titan ladders, class 1 that I use for gutter work, and I have just bought a microlite standoff to. Will also check out the link to, cheers for all ur advice fellas!

I think you're right donny, at that height they can't expect it to be done for peanuts!!

Back