Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Roof cleaning blade set is best?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

LiamChecks

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of buying a 10 blade set with renegade pole but have seen people recommending different types.

What is the best one for reliability and performance?

- Marshall PRO
- Skyscraper
- Flexi Scraper

I need one that's not going to come loose and cause me aggro when cleaning. I do like how the Skyscrapers come with it's own handy bag but want to make sure im getting the right one and will get my own bag if needs be.

Cheers lads

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of buying a 10 blade set with renegade pole but have seen people recommending different types.

What is the best one for reliability and performance?

- Marshall PRO
- Skyscraper
- Flexi Scraper

I need one that's not going to come loose and cause me aggro when cleaning. I do like how the Skyscrapers come with it's own handy bag but want to make sure im getting the right one and will get my own bag if needs be.

Cheers lads
@LiamChecks I don't have any experience with roof cleaning myself but if you don't get much joy it's worth checking the facebook groups. There's a number of roof cleaning groups and there will be plenty of help and advice on them. Also have a look at Sid Partridge's YouTube channel (I think it's called Partridge Exterior Cleaning ). He's done an amazing job getting his business off the ground and has loads of roof cleaning videos on his channel. All the best with your new venture mate ?

@LiamChecks I don't have any experience with roof cleaning myself but if you don't get much joy it's worth checking the facebook groups. There's a number of roof cleaning groups and there will be plenty of help and advice on them. Also have a look at Sid Partridge's YouTube channel (I think it's called Partridge Exterior Cleaning ). He's done an amazing job getting his business off the ground and has loads of roof cleaning videos on his channel. All the best with your new venture mate ?
Top man thank you. I’ve popped the question in a few groups on FB too and agreed, Sid’s content is brilliant. Looking forward to adding roof cleaning to my services, nothing like a bit of hard graft haha!

I have a set - I won from Sid :) I can't remember the brand, I will check, but the one thing that I found was that you need 2 adjustment angles. First off you need to be able to get the correct angle to match the angle of your pole on the slope of the roof - sort of a vertical angle adjustment. Then to be able to scrape the edges of concrete tiles you need to be able to angle the blade so just the edge of the scraper is running along the edge of the tile. Bit like adjusting the gooseneck and standing at the side of a window, i.e. without a swivel the brush wont be flat on the glass. Hope that makes sense?
I have seen some sets that you loosen the bolts to change the blade, while that looks good you don't really change that blade more than once at the start of a job so the convenience is outweighed by the ability for a loose bolt to allow a blade to come off!
Look at the different brands wire brushes as I found getting lichen off was tricky without one. I would also say the aluminium adapter to go in the pole is a good idea as they are much stronger than the plastic euro threads. You also want one where you can get blades you don't have fairly quickly so you can do the job when you want.

I have the Marshall Pro, originally I had the Flexi Scraper but sent it back.. Pete Marshall who makes Marshall Pro invents some really useful kit and it very high quality.

Top man thank you. I’ve popped the question in a few groups on FB too and agreed, Sid’s content is brilliant. Looking forward to adding roof cleaning to my services, nothing like a bit of hard graft haha!
@LiamChecks good luck with it mate. I think I'm a bit old and knackered to do roof cleaning, but I think if it's priced well it will be very good for your business.

Latest Posts

Back