What Size Pole For 3 Story Dormers

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve32, Jun 26, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve32

steve32 Member

A new one for me, but been dropping some flyers on a new estate and just had an email requesting a quote. I haven't got a pole that will do the job but willing to buy one as all the properties in the area are new and only 50% occupied so im edging my bets that i will pick up work in this area. But they are all 3 story and have dormers in the roof. But have a 4-5ft sloping roof coming from the bottom of the dormer window. Due to the angle of the roof im guessing i will need something around 36 dorm.JPG ft plus, does anyone do houses similar ?? and give me an idea on what ill need ? ( I have a picture of a similar style property in the area thats for sale on the web.

Thanking you!

Advertisement
  2. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I'd get a 40 footer just to be on the safe side, with the angles and the overhangs..

3. steve32

steve32 Member

Cheers kips pal. I will take your advice, unbeknown to you i have taken your advice before and will take it again. Yeah it wouldn't be good if i bought a new pole and realised on the job i was two foot to short.

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Yes, I also agree with this.

This pole length should be treated as an investment. It won't be your everyday pole and it should last you for years.

5. mark m

mark m Hero

I did this morning and i can reach it easy with a clx 27

Attached Files:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Mark was you standing on tippy toes or maybe bouncing on a trampoline to get to those 2 velux roof windows :Image10:
    Mind you I think myself.a 40ft pole is a bit of an overkill just to do box standard 3 storey windows :Image16:

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]If you are going to do loads of 3 storey work then my advice would be buy the lightest most rigid wfp you can afford that will reach what you need to reach and no more. Reason being the extra sections not being used only adds extra weight to the pole. So in turn adds extra unnecessary fatigue in your working day unless you take the sections off when not required.[/SIZE]

8. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

im with smuf in this one,

30f pole can do third story on new house easy,

what pole do u have already ? can u not just get an extention to your pole ?

or buy a 35f pole max, thats unless you have money to burn......

9. HotWash Window Cleaners

In newer built houses you can touch the ceiling inside without a ladder. Therfore each storey is less than 8ft with a 27ft pole you should be fine. If it was skylights you would just be okay too.
    I do lots like that design and they are easy with a 27 ft pole.

10. steve32

steve32 Member

Really, it must just be deceiving when you look at them with the sloped roof because it looks like you need much more length. Well that is a result then, i dont have to invest to much then. What size are you using on the velux ? because most of these houses have them to

Advertisement