What To Charge For A One Off

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by hornbeam98, Nov 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. hornbeam98

hornbeam98 Newcomer

I have had a one-off job quote come through and not sure what to charge on this as I am still quite new to the waterfed pole business, was thinking of around £25 or is that too much for one off, not seen the property yet, but pretty sure it is probably not in top condition if the skylight is anything to go by, I am based in the South East, I would normally charge about £18 for this as a regular.

'An extended semi with 6 windows at front, a French door, and 5 windows at back, low level skylight on the back extension which has become a bit mossy at the edges. Also would like a set of xmas lights hunge on existing hooks on guttering.'

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Rick

Rick Member

Double your £18, Lights put up for free and hopefully I nice Coffee...

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I charge 3X normal for a one off, I'd chuck the lights up for free.

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Unless you need the work if its £18 Id be wanting £50

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]Depends how bad it is and what the prospect is expecting to be done to what standard so you need to see the job and find out exactly what needs doing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]You will need to take into consideration the time it's going to take you especially if any upvc restoration work is involved and price accordingly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Regarding moss on skylight frame edges it can be a pain in the **** to remove as it will grow in the tiniest of gap and stick like glue. One of the best methods I've found is to use chepo B&Q harris plastic filling knives either by hand or gaffer tapped to a pole to scrape it out of the gaps http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/decorating-supplies/painting-decorating-tools/knives___scrapers/-specificproducttype-filling_knives/Harris-Filling-and-Spreading-Set-of-Filling-Knives-3-Pack-9254646?skuId=9262345[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]No jobs are the same as some are easy and quick to do and others can take hours to do properly.[/SIZE]

Advertisement