Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you recommend to clean this

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

Hi All,
Had a customer ask me to get this off. I don't usually do anything that a strong degreaser and stiff brush won't

What would you recommend. Not 100% sure what it is. Got a gardiners backpack to spray any chemicals

My concerns are the run off onto Wooden beams, lead

Thanks 

Attachments

• 20230511_092158.jpg
    20230511_092158.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230516_191245_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_191245_Gallery.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 17
Looks like a softwash job with either a hypo mix or a biocide , but if you arnt experience in this area be careful as hypo will turn the lead brown in the windows , and could lead to streaked on the wood depending what it’s been painted or stained with

Thanks for your reply and yes I'm inexperienced with it , so I may shy away.

Is there a biocide that may be more forgiving for me
Benz do a gel product similar to Lightning Cleanze called Tornado Cleanze. It does contain hypo at a very low concentration but can be brushed or rolled on and if rinsed with plenty of water should avoid any of the problems spraying hypo could cause. It's not cheap so you'd obviously have to pass that on to the customer but should do the job and has an immediate effect.

I have no experience of using any chemicals but there is a product called Safewash that won't cause any problems. It is however very expensive
The dilution rate is 1-5 it's £15 for 1 litre so not so bad for a small job like the one posted, I only found these details out on Amazon not the makers website

It's pet safe as well, won't kill plants or blind you if you make a mistake. Only problem is I don't know if it works ?
Looking at the reviews on Amazon most of them have been given the product for free and one claims one capful will clean a whole driveway and people giving it 5 stars who have n't even used the product, err maybe give it a miss

What about if the op was to use a normal household bleach diluted well? would this still have a harmful effect on the timber and the lead lights?
Based on using bleach yes, those windows are upvc dark brown rosewood everything will need wetting down first and rinsing after application to avoid any damage to those windows and in my limited experience you really can't rinse enough it will take copious amounts of water

Ddac or similar is your best bet
Hypo will cause issues as will sodium percarbonate but you will have to wait to see the effect

you can softwash it but need a second man on a hose to rinse continuously - that said as other mentioned if inexperienced i would steer clear.

@K-in-Kent : thought tornada benz was really high hypo concentraion for removing extreme black spot ect ? could well be wrong haha i have acase of it but havent used it much yet

Latest Posts

Back