Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When to change resin?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Usually within a month ours has gone upto 1, then over the next 3 or 4 months it gets to 3. Never have understood why 000 only lasts about 4 weeks
000 lasts around 11 months with mine 20 ltr resin vessel, I produce a minimum of 5,000 ltr per week with it sometimes probably nearly double that . But once I get a reading  it rises rapidly . 

000 lasts around 11 months with mine 20 ltr resin vessel, I produce a minimum of 5,000 ltr per week with it sometimes probably nearly double that . But once I get a reading  it rises rapidly . 
That's interesting, I produce probably 3000ltrs a week but have a smaller DI and get three to four months at zero.

It is time I replaced my system, it's twenty years old and only on it's second membrane.

That's very good as a TDS of 4 after R/O wouldn't produce anywhere near that much water with 25 litres of resin
I haven’t checked the reading after the ro for  a long time but when they were new think it was 001 ?? . They are now 7 years old , this has got me thinking I will check the ro output just out of interest . Actually I was wrong it’s a 25 ltr resin vessel not 20 ltr . 

When I bought my first ionics system back in 2004 it was a 650 ltr one,  I produced around 500 ltr per day average 5 days a week and the linier di ionics filter would last around 9 months and they only  hold around 7 ltr of resin . Back in those days I didn’t really understand how it worked , but always had a reading of pure in the tank of 000 . 

Back