Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rough concrete driveway

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamiesmack

Ive got a rough concrete drive to do this week, like the one in this picture (not my pic)

image.jpg

Is there anything in particular I should know / be aware of?

Also, there is a small oil stain at one end, is there any way of removing it?

Cheers

Put petrol on the stain if it's a small one and then burn off with a mapgas blowtorch

Will burn the whole lot away

Brake cleaner sorts it

Also if quite a new stain oil away

But that said if the oil has been there years and well absorbed into the concrete sometimes there's always a slight stain

That's were you sell a recolour

Sell sell sell

Oils always been a pain for me, Ive tried all sorts and its never done what it says on the tin, will definatley give brake cleaner a go in future as Evie tends to know his drive cleaning /emoticons/smile.png . as far as the bare concrete drive goes they are a breeze, just be careful of any cracks and flakey areas as you'll soon lift a decent chunk if you hit a fragile area with too much pressure, Ive not had need for any chems on them aside from an after clean dose of algae cleaner/biocide if its been thick with it to stop it coming back for a few months

Back