Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where to buy axeon 10" membranes or similar.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ok, ordered a flow meter, getting a fibredyne prefilter, which sediment filter should I get Spruce? 

Grippertank recommend a 10 micron sediment filter with their high performance fibredyne. Does the 5 micron one block up too quickly?

How do you know when the sediment filter needs changing?

Gardiners site was down today, just got it back and they've got flow meters on special offer!!! Grrrrrr!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, ordered a flow meter, getting a fibredyne prefilter, which sediment filter should I get Spruce? 

Grippertank recommend a 10 micron sediment filter with their high performance fibredyne. Does the 5 micron one block up too quickly?

How do you know when the sediment filter needs changing?

Gardiners site was down today, just got it back and they've got flow meters on special offer!!! Grrrrrr!!!
5 micron.

Whilst a 10 micron will appear to be less restrictive, particles between 5 and 10 micron will be trapped on the carbon block filter. If you have a 5 micron sediment and 5 micron carbon block, then the carbon block is always going to be clean/sediment free. (Any particles larger than 5 micron will get trapped at the sediment filter and any particles less than 5 micron will pass through both filters. To me a 10 micron sediment filter doesn't make sense.

When both filters are new there is no negligible flow restriction through a 5 micron sediment filter Both my pressure gauges read the exact same pressure. (I have a gauge on the supply side and a gauge after the carbon block. When the carbon block reads 10 psi less than the inlet gauge then I change just the sediment filter if the c/b filter isn't due to be changed yet.

4040 ro 052a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm planning to move to a 4040 system (hoping to DIY it). My tap runs at 40psi. I thought I would definitely need a booster pump, but I have been chatting to guy at vyair who sell a low pressure "eco" membrane that can run at 40-50 psi. I pressed him about the make and model he told me,

ECO4-4040 Ultra Low Pressure Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane

"This is produced using Japanese Toray membrane material (which is regarding by many people within the water filtration industry as the best membrane material) by our manufacturer in the far east.
The works at a lower pressure compared to the Axeon HF5 membrane." £240 inc vat

I know the consensus here is the axeon hf5 seems to be the best.

But I wonder if anyone has used this? Is this a false economy? Would the reduction of quality/life if any, be compensated by the ££ saving of buying a booster pump.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My systems not as fancy as your's Spruce.

Do the sediment filters have have a life measured in litres or is there another way of telling when they've had it?
I change the sediment filter at the same time I change the carbon block - in my case around 76,000 liters (actually I push it to 77,000 liters.)

At times we get loads of silt or sediment coming through in our water. All the windies in our area have the same issue. There were times a few years ago that I was changing the sediment filter every month and replacing both on the 3rd month when 77,000 liters was up.

I have 50 psi water pressure and when the prefilters are new both guages read 50psi. When the sediment filter starts to get clogged up with sediment the pressure on the second gauge after the carbon block starts to show a pressure difference. So I change the sediment filter when the first gauge is still reading 50psi but the second gauge is reading 40 psi.

ATM I have used 38,000 liters of the 77,000 liters of service life of my carbon filters. My inlet water pressure is still 50psi and my second gauge is at 47psi. My sediment filter is looking pretty red with sediment but its still letting sufficient water pass through.

Going back to the original post, I bought 3 x 150gpd  axeon membranes from the internet and got a 94% rejection rate had to send them back absolutely terrible ended up putting my old membranes back in and still using them preforming loads better than the ones I bought new, I’m going to replace these in the near future and even though I haven’t used Doug at daqua but without a shadow of a doubt who I’m going to use next as he has been so helpful with me and this forum and I have never been a customer before but going to put my neck out there and recommend him if you intend to buy 150gpd Axeon membranes.

please see an old thread I started a while back.

Hi, I'm planning to move to a 4040 system (hoping to DIY it). My tap runs at 40psi. I thought I would definitely need a booster pump, but I have been chatting to guy at vyair who sell a low pressure "eco" membrane that can run at 40-50 psi. I pressed him about the make and model he told me,

ECO4-4040 Ultra Low Pressure Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane

"This is produced using Japanese Toray membrane material (which is regarding by many people within the water filtration industry as the best membrane material) by our manufacturer in the far east.
The works at a lower pressure compared to the Axeon HF5 membrane." £240 inc vat

I know the consensus here is the axeon hf5 seems to be the best.

But I wonder if anyone has used this? Is this a false economy? Would the reduction of quality/life if any, be compensated by the ££ saving of buying a booster pump.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It’s equivalent to the Hf4 not HF5 as is rated at 100 psi

Latest Posts

Back