Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where to set ladders, when doing window above porch

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s a wfp job really many years ago when I first started out would have walked on the tiles put ladder on right side corner wall but I was 10 stone back then 😂 you can quite easily get the window to the right but other one be to much of a stretch what about using trad pole !

I think doing a risk assessment would say you shouldn’t be doing that off a ladder , ime sure most of us have done that type of job years ago by walking on the tiles clean the window and walk back to the ladder but certainly wouldn’t consider doing that now . Only option would be to use a trad pole with tools on the pole and do it from the ladder pitched to the lower part of the lean to roof .

Hi I am new to this, was wondering if anyone had tips on best ladder approach for similar type windows above porches
View attachment 30842
I started all traditional mate and personally I would have used a traditional pole with a t-bar then squeegee, or the small 10 inch moerman fliq. I had the odd one that customers new I couldn't clean from a ladder and I explained I'd use a pole and I'd do my best but couldn't guarantee they'd be as good as the rest. Nobody ever complained. As they are sash windows at least it's two straightforward panes, rather than a three different sizes with a top closer etc. You could always use a ladder and standoff just under the porch gutter or even stand on a stool to get yourself a bit closer.

Back