Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which cycles to choose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We have a big mixture of frequencies...

Monthly / 6 weekly / 8 weekly / 12 weekly and 16 weekly.

I'm currently in the process of converting all domestic jobs to either 6 weekly or 12 weekly only.

All monthly / 6 weekly and 8 weekly jobs will become 6 weekly, and all 12 weekly and 16 weekly jobs will become 12 weekly.

The main reason for doing this is to streamline and standardise the business more.

Making these changes will also increase our turnover by £23k per year.

Andy
Thanks for that, Andy. That’s my point. A lot of folk start off wanting as small a frequency as they can to get the money coming in as rapidly as possible. That's ok starting out but long-term you are limited to keeping the prices modest. You cannot charge the same for say a 2 weekly job as you can for the same job at 6 8 or 12 weekly. At 6 weekly you can charge slightly more than at 4 weekly. Enough to make a real difference in weekly income (at least £100 per week in my case) . Build a round with enough customers for all the spaces. It's not difficult.

The time to decide and fix on the spacings is when starting out before you get busy and it goes all over the place. Don't be stood with one foot on the dock and the other on a parting boat. Otherwise you can very easily end up with a mess that's a nightmare, to work with, price and schedule when you're established and busy. That's my advice to anyone starting out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back