Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why UPVC Doors are so profitable

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Works a treat! Gave it a shot on my own door today. All I can say is that I am thoroughly impressed!
0584ddd841c9ccbc987b4c9d84c34981.jpg
before

d4eac3db039001309a8938ea3e63af0e.jpg
after

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

On 14/08/2018 at 16:18, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

One of the add on services we provide to our clients is our 'Door Restore' service.   This is a great add on for any window cleaner as most houses have 2 doors and at £40+ per door the R.O.I. (return on investment) is staggering.  

For this you will need: 

• Bucket
  • Soap (Fairy, Flash all purpose or similar) 
  • Green Scouring Sponges
  • Microfiber Rags
  • Unger Rubout
  • Loads of elbow grease

I'll let the video do the rest of the talking but the principles are the same for a UPVC window frame restoration. 

Do you get much take up on this service?  I just can't see my customers shelling out £40 to have 1 door spruced up.

Do you get much take up on this service?  I just can't see my customers shelling out £40 to have 1 door spruced up.

I'm not wanting to be a d!ck @Bart90, but all day long I hear 'people wont pay that round here' or  'I can't see them shelling out this and that etc' and so on..........

To be honest it's tiring, these aren't imaginary numbers these are the prices I charge, these are the prices that are attainable  nationwide.  People only want to disagree with their perceptions of what a customer will pay due to their own lack of faith in their ability to ask for appropriate remuneration for a job well done.   

I'm not wanting to be a d!ck @Bart90, but all day long I hear 'people wont pay that round here' or  'I can't see them shelling out this and that etc' and so on..........

To be honest it's tiring, these aren't imaginary numbers these are the prices I charge, these are the prices that are attainable  nationwide.  People only want to disagree with their perceptions of what a customer will pay due to their own lack of faith in their ability to ask for appropriate remuneration for a job well done.   
Neither Do I Green, but with respect you haven't answered my question.  Do you get much take up on this service in your business?  If you do then it makes one think....market research incorporating other window cleaners experience I would call it.  I personally wouldn't pay £40 if my window cleaner offered that service; nothing to do with any 'lack of faith in my ability to ask for appropriate remuneration for a good job'; I'm probably one of the most expensive window cleaners in my area, do a thorough job and  go out of my way to look after my customers .  So much in business we base off our own experience/perception which is why it's good to ask and open our minds!

Last edited by a moderator:
How does under rub out compare to the pink stuff mate? I currently use this and know of others and don’t have any problems but I’m guessing there must be a difference for you to highlight it in a video.

Thanks in advance mate

Dane

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Solvent cleaner can’t be bettered in my opinion. Haven’t tried rub out. Pink stuff is also good. Solvent cleaner is effortless and cheap 

Each has its own niche, I’ve found some plastics don’t react well to solvent cleaner - others make the plastic come up brand new. Other times the pink stuff won’t touch it. My preferred cleaner is the pink stuff as I find it help rid black seal runs and brings back oxidised frames quicker than anything else. Dane - each to their own but I much prefer the pink stuff, didn’t rate rub out at all I just thought it was an over priced t-cut.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Brilliant demo and just shows how you can earn more money and create more customer satisfaction too. I shall be adding this to my window cleaning services. Thank you for the video. 

Back