Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Will foil covered insulation stop/reduce condensation

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Hi Guys

just starting van build number 2 and im implementing a lot of things i would change about van number 1. one of which is condensation reduction. im looking at a full cover of self adhesive 7mm closed cell foam backed with foil for this task.

Has anyone done this and what was the result? Good or bad?

Ta

Hi Guys

just starting van build number 2 and im implementing a lot of things i would change about van number 1. one of which is condensation reduction. im looking at a full cover of self adhesive 7mm closed cell foam backed with foil for this task.

Has anyone done this and what was the result? Good or bad?

Ta
Anything that covers the vans internal roof skin will reduce condensation.

Self adhesive closed cell foam or just recycled carpet underlay works but you need to be mindful of summer sun as in some cases will heat the van roof causing adhesive to fail and your lining to drop so using a few retaining batterns will reduce that 

Ventilation is also key so having free airflow will stop it aswell along with mold growth 

It does work, I bought the stuff from screwfix and just used some low adhesion tape I had in the garage it ain't budged in over a year it just stops that all that moisture on the roof through the winter months 

Latest Posts

Back