Window Cleaning Accidents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, Mar 29, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Not had many myself, fell off the 'A' frame once and the back off my head missed the top corner of a brick wall by millimetres.

Trapped my little finger in a clamp today argh

[​IMG]

You lot had any accidents?

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

It looks like sunglasses lol

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Used to have a lot of probs with the first a frames when they used to just have the straps fitted been ok since they changed the design

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Wouldn't get that with a phoenix pole! lol

5. mark m

mark m Hero

That has happened so many times before to me and as rc says that is the advantage of the facelift clamp

6. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Check some of these videos out
    WAYS TO NOT CLEAN WINDOWS!! - YouTube

7. Laugher

Laugher Well-Known Member

I've only had 2 lucky not to be seriously hurt both times,

first one was when I has cleaning a cony roof had the ladder to far out because of a water butt and it slipped out hit the water butt and I cracked my face on the ladder rung only got a cut on my nose and some swelling but blood everywhere lol

the second time I was coming off a roof onto the ladder and it just slipped out lucky the person who I was working for grabbed me as I fell before I cracked my head on the tiled sill but the ladder smashed through a pane of glass almost took out the customers new big tv and covered the bloke sat in his chair reading the paper in glass luckily he pulled his paper us to cover his face or he might of been injured himself, all I got was a grazed leg and £90 bill for window to be replaced.

Had a few nervous moments since but hopefully turning to wfp it will stop them lol

8. John B

John B Active Member

I have had 3 or 4 minor mishaps in the 16 years I've been in the game. The funniest one I had was when I was on a concrete ledge above a front door (1950's type council house).

I stepped back to check the window I had just cleaned, and the next thing I know is I am on my backside by the door! I landed on my builder's pouch. The only injury I suffered (apart from my pride) was a stiff ankle (I must have knocked it when I landed), but after soaking it in hot water I was up and running again the next morning.

Funny thing is, whenever I have had a fall, the first thing I always do is furtively look around to see if anyone noticed!

John

9. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i left a single ladder up against the guttering on a bungalow and was working away then the wind blew it down and it hit me on the back of the head , i was lucky just 5 stitches in the head

10. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

Me ladder fell from under me in jan and my ankle is still not right, starts to ache after a while and can't run on it... Flippin nuisance....

Advertisement