Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning After Softwashing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Herm

Hi, after softwashing a house or doing the gutters and fascia boards I like the clean off the windows afterwards as they are always streaky. I don't hold or carry pure water and without going onto long ladders to clean them, does anyone have some advice? I've been trying to find a squeegee to go onto the end of the wfp without any luck? Also any little hacks that are best to use to clean the windows, or is some water and window cleaner ok? I've never got into window cleaning and don't really want to as the hassle of pure water puts me off, so it's just something to make the house look nice on completion.

Thanks Tom

Hi, after softwashing a house or doing the gutters and fascia boards I like the clean off the windows afterwards as they are always streaky. I don't hold or carry pure water and without going onto long ladders to clean them, does anyone have some advice? I've been trying to find a squeegee to go onto the end of the wfp without any luck? Also any little hacks that are best to use to clean the windows, or is some water and window cleaner ok? I've never got into window cleaning and don't really want to as the hassle of pure water puts me off, so it's just something to make the house look nice on completion.

Thanks Tom
Depending what your tap water TDS is you might be able to get away with cleaning With that your in Dorset aren’t you?. Guessing it’s quite low , or another option would be a resin vessel and connect to customers tap and just use di

Thanks Tom
Most pole manufacturers do fittings to enable squeegees and applicators to go on a wfp. A slightly cheaper method might be a trad pole like this : https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/pole-assembly-for-use-with-traditional-tools.html

Depending what your tap water TDS is you might be able to get away with cleaning With that your in Dorset aren’t you?. Guessing it’s quite low , or another option would be a resin vessel and connect to customers tap and just use di
I will check the TDS but I'm sure from last time checking it wasn't to low, maybe time to look at something like a resin setup I could then add some windows onto my round?

Thanks, as I don't charge for this I was hoping to use something inexpensive. Though that's handy to know for the future, thanks mate.
If you aren’t a window cleaner and just pressure washing / softwashing a house I don’t think the customer would be expecting 100% results on the glass I think you could get away with scrubbing and rinsing them with tap water when you do the walls and gutters etc

If you aren’t a window cleaner and just pressure washing / softwashing a house I don’t think the customer would be expecting 100% results on the glass I think you could get away with scrubbing and rinsing them with tap water when you do the walls and gutters etc
Yeah I think you're right Pjj. It's just a little extra touch I like to do. Think I'll get an adapter for the pole and squeegee, give them a rinse off and use the squeegee afterwards.

Latest Posts

Back