Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning round info

WCF

Help Support WCF:

U dont get what im trying to say im trying to say the first round is a round with no branding etc and the people are used to 1 face if that makes sense ? If u bought round number 1 u would not get the phone number but if u buy round number 2 u will get the phone number and round number 2 is a branded round where as round 1 isnt, anyone who is buying round number 1 will find it harder taking over then taking over round 2. if u dont understand then thats your loss.

Round number 2 is a full franchise business u will not just be buying a single man franchise u will be buying the whole franchise so this means u have total control over the franchisees.

Wow u started a round from scratch ? well done to you,  u can give me your next round aswell if your giving rounds away MR Generous
I started 3 rounds from scratch and walked away from 2. All done by hard work. I'd never buy any work nor would I employ anyone to get work for me. All us windys are the same I probably took offence at you labelling Jimmy in the pub as Inferior to the franchise van man. Big round or small round we're all the same. I probably am generous, but life throws things at us that makes us take stock and work takes 2nd place. Hope that helps. ??

I started 3 rounds from scratch and walked away from 2. All done by hard work. I'd never buy any work nor would I employ anyone to get work for me. All us windys are the same I probably took offence at you labelling Jimmy in the pub as Inferior to the franchise van man. Big round or small round we're all the same. I probably am generous, but life throws things at us that makes us take stock and work takes 2nd place. Hope that helps. ??
Why would u walk away from it? Did u sell it ? Jimmy is a well known window cleaner he knows all of his customers but the franchise person has probably never interacted with the customer , with Jimmys round u will have to explain the situation the customer , with the franchise there is no explanation needed.

Im trying to say buying work from a window cleaner when all his customers are used to him is harder to take over and more of a risk then the other ? 

Why would u walk away from it? Did u sell it ? Jimmy is a well known window cleaner he knows all of his customers but the franchise person has probably never interacted with the customer , with Jimmys round u will have to explain the situation the customer , with the franchise there is no explanation needed.

Im trying to say buying work from a window cleaner when all his customers are used to him is harder to take over and more of a risk then the other ? 
I've been "Jimmy" in the past and both sold and bought work off other Windies and it's not too difficult you just introduce them to the new customers  ( never tell them money has changed hands, they don't like that) sign a receipt and an undertaking that you won't poach work back and any queries with customers etc just ask.

I've never had a bad experience buying or selling.

I've been "Jimmy" in the past and both sold and bought work off other Windies and it's not too difficult you just introduce them to the new customers  ( never tell them money has changed hands, they don't like that) sign a receipt and an undertaking that you won't poach work back and any queries with customers etc just ask.

I've never had a bad experience buying or selling.
Did u transfer your phone number as part of the round sale aswell ?

When you sold the round were people still contacting you after the sale?

And I'm sure that happens. Small amounts will pass under the radar and just be accepted as expenses by the Receiver. But it could well be that someone somewhere along the line will raise the suspicion of the Receiver and could well start a chain reaction of investigations.

If there is insurance one can take out against a HMRC inspection it suggests to me that it can be a long drawn out affair with the Receiver winning every time. Tax might be called self assessment and as such is the way you see your business with regard to your tax responsibility. In an investigation it will be how the Receiver sees your business with regard to tax, not your assessment.

I'm sure that's correct. They would rather hound large corporations as their efforts could well be richly rewarded. Wasting their time on a small business that might net them a few hundred pounds for a weeks investigation time isn't worth their while.

But I wouldn't be taking the chance.

If a windie is earning £12000 a year and claiming £1200 of expenses then that would fit the Receiver's algorithm as being about right.

But a windie decides to buy a round for £3000 just before the end of a tax year could well trigger a red flag. The windies turnover is still £12000 a year but this year his expenses jump to £4500. He hasn't written off a newly purchased asset against annual investment allowance as this doesn't fall into this allowable claim as it isn't capital expenditure.

Capital Expenditure That Qualifies for the AIA

Most assets purchased for business purposes can be claimed as qualifying expenses for AIA, with the primary categories as listed below:

Office equipment including computer hardware and certain types of software, and office furniture

Parts of a building referred to as integral features

Certain fixtures, such as air conditioning, fitted kitchens, or bathroom fittings

Lorries or vans used for moving purposes

Machines used for business purposes

Agricultural machinery including tractors

Machines used for providing entertainment, such as arcade game machines

Assets that cannot be claimed include buildings, cars, land or structures such as bridges or docks, and items used solely for business entertainment. Part of the cost of cars used for business purposes can be deducted, but not as a part of the AIA3. The exception to this rule on cars is the cars used by driving schools, which must be adapted to have dual control, and as such may be claimed through AIA.

If that windie is questioned then one of the questions he will be asked is from whom the round was purchased. They will be able to interpret if you treated the transaction according to the correct process if you were the one who sold that round.
There is a lot of window cleaners who clean windows and still sign on every fortnight... a lot of window cleaners are not even self employed, a lot window cleaners still clean windows for a bit of beer money and do not pay any taxes, If a window cleaning license was required and they forced upon the licenses and took it seriously then i believe these type of window cleaners would dissapear.

Did u transfer your phone number as part of the round sale aswell ?

When you sold the round were people still contacting you after the sale?

It's been a few years since I sold one and mostly cash collections back then.But when selling I went round to introduce the new windie and introduce him personally and contact him directly in future.

I kept my number and didn't get a call off my old customers. 

My one concern nowadays if selling or buying would be dealing with GC or BACS payments. 

There is a lot of window cleaners who clean windows and still sign on every fortnight... a lot of window cleaners are not even self employed, a lot window cleaners still clean windows for a bit of beer money and do not pay any taxes, If a window cleaning license was required and they forced upon the licenses and took it seriously then i believe these type of window cleaners would dissapear.

I wonder how many are working in Scotland without a licence and they haven't disappeared.

People are prepared to flaunt the law because that's modern day society. The DLVA had a field day last week clamping untaxed cars in our side streets last week.

People are prepared to chance driving a car without Road Fund Licence and most probably insurance believing they won't get caught because they are above the law.

My sentiments exactly, the cash in hand merchants just drive the prices down for the rest of us, and I would welcome paying for a licensing system, but it's only useful with rigorous enforcement and not a cash cow for the local council.

It's been a few years since I sold one and mostly cash collections back then.But when selling I went round to introduce the new windie and introduce him personally and contact him directly in future.

I kept my number and didn't get a call off my old customers. 

My one concern nowadays if selling or buying would be dealing with GC or BACS payments. 
If your introducing each customers then that is the best way to hand a round over, but when the round seller does not introduce it can be a problem i can imagine !

I wonder how many are working in Scotland without a licence and they haven't disappeared.

People are prepared to flaunt the law because that's modern day society. The DLVA had a field day last week clamping untaxed cars in our side streets last week.

People are prepared to chance driving a car without Road Fund Licence and most probably insurance believing they won't get caught because they are above the law.
Yes but if you dont have a license in Scotland nothing happens, Its not forced upon so the window cleaners in Scotland are paying the license fee for nothing, there is no difference to paying it and not paying it if it not forced upon, If i was in Scotland i certainly would not be paying license fees, becuase if others can get away with it then i would aswell ? Its just a money maker for the Scottish councils lol

My sentiments exactly, the cash in hand merchants just drive the prices down for the rest of us, and I would welcome paying for a licensing system, but it's only useful with rigorous enforcement and not a cash cow for the local council.
Yes i agree the prices in my area are low and my prices are also old prices i can not put them up due to a lot of people charging low prices, but it is what it is, makes u work the extra bit harder which in my eyes keeps me on the ball ? lol

Latest Posts

Back