Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window work , leigh lancs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I agree with you it's the value of the jobs no matter how many times they get cleaned, that is how it has always being, if it's a 10 jobs @ £10 which is £100 then they should be sold at lets say 4x that so £400 not I clean them twice a month so I want £800 it would be like you or me trying to sell our business on the annual turnover x4 to x10 if that was the case all of us could retire now ?
Why not? They are twice the work bringing in twice the money. Your telling me that you would buy a business that brings in £2000 a month for the same price that you would buy a business that is twice as big and brings in double at £4000 a month?.        
That’s bonkers pal. 

Why not? They are twice the work bringing in twice the money. Your telling me that you would buy a business that brings in £2000 a month for the same price that you would buy a business that is twice as big and brings in double at £4000 a month?.        
That’s bonkers pal. 
Must be a Manchester thing, as I have already said in over 20 years I have never known or heard of work selling like this 

That’s bonkers pal. 
Generally fortnightly work is half the price of monthly jobs I have friends around Newcastle and they have there windows cleaned every two weeks by two trad guys they charge £7:50 if that was a monthly job it’s £15 so you arnt earning any more money from it . Down hear most want monthly cleans , I think the two week stuff is more common in the north , 

Generally fortnightly work is half the price of monthly jobs I have friends around Newcastle and they have there windows cleaned every two weeks by two trad guys they charge £7:50 if that was a monthly job it’s £15 so you arnt earning any more money from it . Down hear most want monthly cleans , I think the two week stuff is more common in the north , 
I wouldn’t say exactly half but yes not as much as monthly just same as you would charge more again for 6 weekly and more again fir 8 weekly as most cleaners I know charge in line with the work involved so you end up making the same money weather cleaning 2/4/6 or 8 weekly. That said I’ve recently started charging top whack no matter what the frequency as I’m fully booked and trying to deter everyone into taking the lesser frequencys

I wouldn’t say exactly half but yes not as much as monthly just same as you would charge more again for 6 weekly and more again fir 8 weekly as most cleaners I know charge in line with the work involved so you end up making the same money weather cleaning 2/4/6 or 8 weekly. That said I’ve recently started charging top whack no matter what the frequency as I’m fully booked and trying to deter everyone into taking the lesser frequencys
I’m the same , too much work, now charging top wack on my new work that’s why I’m selling ?

That's one of the main problems why the WFP lads in my area struggle to get decent prices. You have numerous trad guys charging anything from £5 - £7 for standard 3 bed semi's so people don't want to pay £10+ to get their windows cleaned half as often. Only those that appreciate we do frames and sills etc are prepared to pay the "double" price.

It is however starting to change slowly as with the new builds starting to sprout up everywhere 90% of the "newbies" are WFP so prices, as a rule, are starting to get better. Not as many people are ringing off when I say our prices start at £10 ?

That's one of the main problems why the WFP lads in my area struggle to get decent prices. You have numerous trad guys charging anything from £5 - £7 for standard 3 bed semi's so people don't want to pay £10+ to get their windows cleaned half as often. Only those that appreciate we do frames and sills etc are prepared to pay the "double" price.

It is however starting to change slowly as with the new builds starting to sprout up everywhere 90% of the "newbies" are WFP so prices, as a rule, are starting to get better. Not as many people are ringing off when I say our prices start at £10 ?
Yes I agree the ones charging £5-7 arnt doing themselves or any one else any favours , most down hear ask for  monthly cleans , those that ask for two weekly I tell them to try 4 weekly and if they arnt happy we will do them fortnightly so far no one has asked for  that ??? it seams to be a northern thing , we have friends in Blythe, Newcastle, and all over that area most are cleaned fortnightly, we were up the visiting a couple of years ago and I got talking to the guys that do  my mates house one does the back the other the front using ladders he has a 3 bed modern semi with an extension and conservatory they charge him £7:50 !,,,, crazy , they must have been there about 20-30 muinits so total of 40 -60 muinits for £7:50 dont know how they make a living .

Yes I agree the ones charging £5-7 arnt doing themselves or any one else any favours , most down hear ask for  monthly cleans , those that ask for two weekly I tell them to try 4 weekly and if they arnt happy we will do them fortnightly so far no one has asked for  that ??? it seams to be a northern thing , we have friends in Blythe, Newcastle, and all over that area most are cleaned fortnightly, we were up the visiting a couple of years ago and I got talking to the guys that do  my mates house one does the back the other the front using ladders he has a 3 bed modern semi with an extension and conservatory they charge him £7:50 !,,,, crazy , they must have been there about 20-30 muinits so total of 40 -60 muinits for £7:50 dont know how they make a living .
Nearly all new builds have the trendy black/grey pvc frames so using the reach n wash leaves no suds behind on the frames .I’ve offered my customers in Wigan the choice to pay £12 monthly or £9 fortnightly , they nearly all choose fortnightly .weird folk these Wiganers ?

Be absolutely no chance of doing two weekly down south. I only had one at 4 weekly (her request), majority were 6, most the new local cleaners were 8 and I've slowly transitioned to that and I've got quite a few at 12.

Some of the cleans are anywhere from £60 upto £90. Imagine having to fork out fortnightly at that that rate.

95 % of our work is 4 weekly , the rest 8 weekly we wouldn’t do any longer frequency as I class that as a one off , we do a lot of costal work covered  with salt we have a few hotels that are done weekly when the weather is stormy , obviously they are on hold at the moment due to this lockdown but hopefully will be back on line soon . 

Back