Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working When It's -4

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No matter what you do in the end you can't beat mother nature I'm affraid using wfp method,...freezing runoff water on the ground is another big issue.

I would say trad work wins hands down in freezing winter months as you can work in much lower temps like this nutter.

and what gadget has this fool come up with for his ladders?!

yes its slow today, I just bought a 300w fishtank heater from ebay for £10. I dont need it yet since its not that cold in london but when I know its going to get cold I am going to stick it in my 400L overnight to heat up the water.
Dude, I purchased one, and there great, the only issue is the amount of condensation you get from it.

Dude, I purchased one, and there great, the only issue is the amount of condensation you get from it.
You could always drill a hole in the top and route a pipe to the outside only a small one this will get rid of condensation .

If the tank lid is sealed and any hole for the heater is sealed too surely that would help keep the heat in the tank & help reduce condensation in your van. :rolleyes:

it's -2 already.. tonight and especially tomorrow night extremely cold. Been told -8 even less tonight, in my neck of the woods. Could be worse, we could be getting snow... :huh:

Edit... Why is it putting *** where I have put words? I have not put any swear words in..

Trouble is on colder foggy winter days like today with very little sun using hot/warm or cold water for that matter will not evaporate as it would in summertime. Therefore any hard surfaces like paving whatever water you put there will eventually freeze if temp drops or stays below zero.

wfp users make the call if you want to run the risk of someone hurting themselves due to your actions. Simples...

no probs with gas hearter ,,and it sinks in to the paths and no slip probs

get a boler or run tap thue di as smuth says and it dont bother resin ,and if u that botherd biy sum roc k solt u dont nead much .and if its frezing on flor that wot i do it gos a long way

Trouble is on colder foggy winter days like today with very little sun using hot/warm or cold water for that matter will not evaporate as it would in summertime. Therefore any hard surfaces like paving whatever water you put there will eventually freeze if temp drops or stays below zero.

wfp users make the call if you want to run the risk of someone hurting themselves due to your actions. Simples...
ronwd hear its not evaperated but its sunk in to flor thers just two pudalls that formed for me to day by door and steps just brushed it a way

Can't remember who it was on this forum but said he got sued by a customer one winter as she slipped and fell on ice due to wfp work and broke some bones.

ronwd hear its not evaperated but its sunk in to flor thers just two pudalls that formed for me to day by door and steps just brushed it a way
Hi Daley, what smurf is saying, when we clean windows when the temp a bit warmer than it is, the water just evaporates, when it's cold like it is and no sun to dry, the water just stays put, even if we try and brush it away it will still freeze.

Can't remember who it was on this forum but said he got sued by a customer one winter as she slipped and fell on ice due to wfp work and broke some bones.
No way would I even attempt, only if cust said "do it", and they put there own salt down.

What would be the cause for someone to sue you if you laid down, rock salt/salt/gritt???

Are you saying in conjunction with wfp, or just laying it down for someone generally??I dont get it?/

Well I went out today, I put hoses in bath, then filled tank with hot water from the house, and put di back into the van.. Van was toastie!!!

Anyway, I changed the days work and just went to clean a few new ones, bungalows, and a PVC job and a gutter job...

I got to first PVC clean at 11ish, as I was doing the conservatory the water was freezing and turning to slush on the roof! When I had finished the job the back yard and drive way was now an ice rink!! Lol..

The last job was a guttering clean out.. The back gutters was full of frozen water and muck n leaves! I ended up stinking!

So plan tonight is everything in the kitchen!

Back