Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you put the prices up?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My accountant costs 600 A year and tbh I'm not sure what I get sort from bills lol

I'm looking it it now and I may go back to being a sole trader and go on my own.
Much less hassle and money.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I dont understand it that well but if you are a limited company dont you don’t you get a dividend payment rather than all you earn being yours ? Easiest way is give your employee some of his own work then have him go self employed far less hasssel and expense for you , I expect I will get shot down in flames for suggesting this but it can be done legally I know lots of Windys who do it works well for both parties 

Yes that is right. But you end up paying more in accountancy, insurances and banking, I have to hold monthly meetings with myself and keep the minuets as legal documents.
All my emails must have contact info and my company number attached.
Truth is ... It's not worth the hassle.
I think I preferred paying a little more tax lol.

I started looking into having 4-5vans etc but I just can't see it being worth all the agro too.

I think it's mostly because I'm loosing heart.

People are a funny bunch and will argue over a £1 I had a simmilar round
I raised the price by £1 and instantly lost 2 stating if I'm always putting the price up
First time in 6 years but I was 50p more expensive then
Another long time customer has just had extension which has lost them one ground floor door window but has made the 2 upstairs over it harder to reach and included 3 Vlux as it's a lost Christmas I dud tem this time stating it would be an extra £3 next time only for her to turn into fagin haggling away over the £2 compromise as she is a regular so be careful the season of good will is not guaranteed

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I've had a limited company for 10 years, not windows, and never had a meeting, let alone keeping minutes. Only the first £10k of a dividend is tax free. Never heard about contact / Co number 
It was all explained to me by my accountant when I started... It's an absolute nightmare.
Takes up loads of time and for nothing in my eyes.

I told my customers when I first took them on, 2 rules

1. I don’t do insides or gutters

2. The price will go up £1 every other January.

Never had a problem with either issue ?

£350 a week on outgoings, no where near that buy get your point. That's why i will be increasing them after xmas. You just hear loads of stories of i make £1000 plus a week blah blah blah. Just trying too get peoples views 
On CIU they reckon they're on 2 grand a week -  £100,000+ / year is routine for some of them....allegedly.

Back