Xtreme 22

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, May 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Coming out in about 5 weeks, £430.

Can I be the official WCF tester Alex Gardiner? Grovel, grovel, :)

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

£100 too much imo

3. Luke Elliott

Luke Elliott Active Member

I'm not convinced by the xtreme range. Not being able to run the hose internally - have you ever tried it outside? Right nuisance. Can't use conventional water saving devices. And what's the with the half way clamping point? I tend to clamp my SLX poles where I need them. But to avoid undue stress I tend to clamp them so that each section has a fair even distribution to the others. This aids stiffness and means that one section isn't taking more load than the others. Is the half way clamp point saying you can't do this? I definitely need more explanation. For now having three poles (25, 35, and 45) is my preference.

Also are the extreme poles a different grade of carbon to the SLX range?

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Regarding external hose, are you not getting confused with the The Super-Lite® Modular Pole?

5. Luke Elliott

Possibly? I thought I watched a video on the xtreme poles which said it runs outside because it's modular?

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Smurf runs his hose externally I think.

7. Luke Elliott

Fair play. Horses for courses I guess. We all have our preferences.

8. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

The hose on the Xtreme poles is run internally the same as all of our other Telescopic poles. The only time this changes is when you are wanting to add a second modular extension (no.11) to an Xtreme47 - then the hose needs to be external to allow for quick removal and adding of extension sections.

The most conventional water saving device is a flow valve fitted to the pole hose, these can of course be used with an Xtreme pole - these have been in use for many years and are being used by thousands of window cleaners such as myself in this video -

The halfway clamping point would seem to be a disadvantage until you try working with it and then you quickly realize that if anything it speeds the work up.

Having said all of that the SLX is a very good pole and is hard to beat - the Xtreme is better, but is a lot more expensive due to the much higher modulus carbon fibre used in its construction, and does need a more regular care and maintenance program.

9. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

:);)

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Does that mean a :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: to my kind offer of a free trial?

You know I'll do an unbiased review Mr G :hiding:

Advertisement