Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Dog Ear

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Or go to H-Mans on this forum he's done some but basically you cut a bit off and stick it in the ends of the channel, job done. You could just bent the end of the channel (old way of dog earing) depends on the type of channel though

Here ya go mate.

No Dunc it cuts down on detailing only. Stops the rubber riding up seals if done right can stop the need for detailing at all on some windows (but not all).

Dog earing works great on some windows as said, but I've found the angle of the black rubber glass seal can have a big bearing on how much soap is picked up, or not as the case may be.

The steeper the angle the more soap is collected, the shallower the squeege blade tends to hop over and misses the soap. :angry:

Dog earing also eats the ends of your squeege blades quicker :angry:

rs2315.

Do you do it yourself dodger might try it
Yeah mate all mine are dog eared smallest one is done old way just bent at the ends and bigger ones are cut and bent waggas way. Either way don't bend too far back, I find it creates too much drag and really will wear out the ends of the rubber really fast.

^^^ As above. You will find wooden frames are the ones you'll need less or even no detailing on. Get the angle right when fanning and you will see. Got to get the corner of your blade into the frame to get the best results. 45 degrees is good as you hit the frame.

I find that using cable ties for the 'dog earing', there is less wear on the corners of the rubber compared to bending/cutting bending the chanel.

I see we are back on the dog-earring again! I dog-ear my main channels and I get a perfect edge every time, I have never detailed, mainly because it's a pain in the ****. The rubbers do wear away quicker, but considering I am 20-25 percent quicker, and better, the way I do it, the time saved covers the extra cost of rubbers. and they're only 80p each anyway.

Back