Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

life of batteries

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gaz

using the golf trolley batteries from pure freedom, they seem to die on me after around 18 month, is this a normal battery life as car batteries seem to last forever? also im thinking of changing to normal car batteries as we don't use trolleys anymore, whats everybodys opinions on battery lifes etc??

No don't use car battery's, they are not designed for constant draw, you need a leisure battery mate

Hi gaz, i have just last week bought another battery from daqua, I have only had 18 months out of mine as well. Supposed to be 400 cycles(of charging)

At the start mine lasted about 3 weeks before needing charging as only do tops with it, but just recently it dramatically went down and only has lasted about a day n a half, it probably would last a day if I charged it every night, but thats a pest, so got a new one to be on the safe side, as it has packed in on me a couple of times. You can get Lithium leisure batteries but more expensive, but I was happy enough to pay about £50 for golf buggy trolley battery and Doug fitted it for me:)

i recently brought a battery charger for my built in system . i have a split relay but noticed it was not charging the window battery as much as im no driving about as much as doing more houses tighter togther

does anyone else use a charger like this

also @Jake wat bat do u use for ur van set up

I use lion leisure battery's and then use a smart charger to charge it, it's been going just over two years now, and is starting to lose charge faster but still lasts two days at a time, which is amazons really! So I'm sticking with lion battery's (link below) and a decent smart charger really helps maintain the battery, and it's the best way to fully charge a battery as well, as they trickle charge at a low rate when the battery is supposedly 'full'

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/ecp/p/accessories-car-batteries/car-batteries/other-batteries/leisure-batteries/?444776101&0&cc5_990

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/uk/products/Cars/Battery+Care/SmartCharge-plus-/RSC508

Hi gaz, i have just last week bought another battery from daqua, I have only had 18 months out of mine as well. Supposed to be 400 cycles(of charging)At the start mine lasted about 3 weeks before needing charging as only do tops with it, but just recently it dramatically went down and only has lasted about a day n a half, it probably would last a day if I charged it every night, but thats a pest, so got a new one to be on the safe side, as it has packed in on me a couple of times. You can get Lithium leisure batteries but more expensive, but I was happy enough to pay about £50 for golf buggy trolley battery and Doug fitted it for me:)

This might be why your batteries aren't lasting long.

The worst thing you can do is drain a battery right down.

Anything below 75% capacity starts to damage the battery itself.

yes ive been told the same not to drain them, but its hard not to when ya putting in full day grafts

Hi how often do you think the battery should be charged? as I want to get as much life out of it as possible. If they are only meant for 400 cycles(charges) that would be roughly a year and a halfs use, if you say work 300 days a year?

I want to look after this battery a bit better, so any advice is welcome, I only do tops so the battery isnt getting used constantly.

1. Get the charger I posted up there ^
  2. Charge it every night
  3. Get a solar panel to trickle charge it through the day (that's what I do)

This will keep it in good nick, and should then last the full hog,

Otherwise buy a battery that's 110 ah, that will be more than enough for one day's work

Back