Gav

Gav submitted a new resource:

[plain]How to start a window cleaning business.[/plain] - [plain]Starting a window cleaning business the basics.[/plain]

Starting a window cleaning business

As with setting up any business it can be a mixture of excitement and utter stress. The key is proper planning and realistic expectations.

Starting a window cleaning business is certainly a great choice as a business model and one that allows a fair amount of freedom. Still you will only get out what you put in! So lets talk a little about why you want to be a window cleaner, what the best methods are and everything in between.

If you decide after...

Read more about this resource...

"H"

Personally, I do WFP for upstairs and trad down. I explain on a first call what the WFP entails including doing the frames,downstairs I will give the frames a scrub to get the worst off but I won't be doing restoration. That's extra. (First clean I will do pre-wash with the WFP down stairs too to ease the cleaning when I come to them on trad.) I explain that a quick wipe down with a sill rag.

Average 3 bedroom house takes about 15-20mins mins using both styles once you get your hand in and that includes loading and unloading. (Back pack on a trolley.)

MadisonWelch

Starting a business is pretty overwhelming at times, but if you are able to control stress and set up realistic goals things work out

windymillers

Do you need to register with HMRC as self employed before you start or can you wait a couple of weeks to see if you can leaflet drop and canvass some work?

I think I read somewhere that registering had to be done by the October of the 2nd year.

As the personal allowance is £11,500 I would not expect to get near that in the first year of trading starting from scratch.

Part Timer
1 hour ago, windymillers said:

Do you need to register with HMRC as self employed before you start or can you wait a couple of weeks to see if you can leaflet drop and canvass some work?

I think I read somewhere that registering had to be done by the October of the 2nd year.

As the personal allowance is £11,500 I would not expect to get near that in the first year of trading starting from scratch.

Just register, doesn't cost you anything and they are very helpful in helping you keep all the correct receipts and records. 

windymillers
18 hours ago, Part Timer said:

and they are very helpful in helping you keep all the correct receipts and records. 

That's good to know because I would like to complete my tax return myself and I will have some questions I am sure.

Do you think it is a good idea to fill in the tax return online or on paper?

Part Timer
4 hours ago, windymillers said:

That's good to know because I would like to complete my tax return myself and I will have some questions I am sure.

Do you think it is a good idea to fill in the tax return online or on paper?

Online, you will have to register to do it online. 

Edited by Part Timer