Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
philb

shop front quote help

philb

Hi

I have just been asked to give a quote for cleaning the windows at a restaurant. How often would you normally clean the windows at a restaurant & how much would you charge for this?

thanks

mia maria.jpg

Part Timer

I would suggest inside and out fortnightly, would hope to get £15, ground floor only £20 for both floors, up in the North East. However shops up here tend to be done trad and get done very cheaply.

Edited by Part Timer

philb
5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I would suggest inside and out fortnightly, would hope to get £15, ground floor only £20 for both floors, up in the North East. However shops up here tend to be done trad and get done very cheaply.

Ah didn't even think they might want inside as well.

does that include the 2 upstairs windows as well? Thanks

Part Timer
2 minutes ago, philb said:

Ah didn't even think they might want inside as well.

does that include the 2 upstairs windows as well? Thanks

The windows inside restaurants can be affected by the kitchen so any I do get done every time I clean the outside. I gave 2 prices,  saying another £5 to do upstairs. 

gwindows

£7  without the top windows  double if inside done too 

Clisty1989

£8 out £16 in and out, recommend weekly, if they want it less than fortnightly double it again (£16/£32) think of all the grease!!

Tuffers

Depends on whether you're going to do it trad or WFP and parking restrictions. Trad might be difficult unless you use a wagtail on a pole. If they want insides done how would you reach the top of the glass? My advice would be leave it alone unless it will be straight forward.  I'd guess the top windows are a flat where residents rent, so would they want their windows cleaned? Probably not. You might get a tenner for the outsides only, but would they pay £20 for inside and out? I doubt it. I think it possibly looks a ballache.

Edited by Tuffers

philb
19 hours ago, Tuffers said:

Depends on whether you're going to do it trad or WFP and parking restrictions. Trad might be difficult unless you use a wagtail on a pole. If they want insides done how would you reach the top of the glass? My advice would be leave it alone unless it will be straight forward.  I'd guess the top windows are a flat where residents rent, so would they want their windows cleaned? Probably not. You might get a tenner for the outsides only, but would they pay £20 for inside and out? I doubt it. I think it possibly looks a ballache.

The upstairs windows are part of the restaurant. I quoted £20 inside & out. He agreed and wants it done weekly. I plan to do it wfp externally & trad internal - a little phased at the thought of trad'ing the big front windows internally - will need to use a ladder/steps to reach top of glass. 😬

Got 1st clean tomorrow so will let you know how I get on

Nicky
On 19/07/2017 at 18:52, Clisty1989 said:

£8 out £16 in and out, recommend weekly, if they want it less than fortnightly double it again (£16/£32) think of all the grease!!

Who in the right mind would pay £32 to get those windows cleaned.

ground floor in and out £15 every 2 wks

Clisty1989
5 minutes ago, Nicky said:

Who in the right mind would pay £32 to get those windows cleaned.

ground floor in and out £15 every 2 wks

nobody, but that's the point. They'd need doing at least fortnightly otherwise it would take ages due to the grease inside. Once agreed to do a kebab shop monthly, was like a first clean again inside!! So I now push at least fortnightly or go high so at least its worthwhile on the slim chance they say yes!!