Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charging extra to do trad?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimmystevens

Got collared by a couple of old dears the other day while doing trad on a shop front.

They've asked if I could go quote them but I explained I tend to do wfp on residential as safer/quicker etc but they said they'd be happy to pay extra for the additional time.

How much extra would you charge?

Got collared by a couple of old dears the other day while doing trad on a shop front.

They've asked if I could go quote them but I explained I tend to do wfp on residential as safer/quicker etc but they said they'd be happy to pay extra for the additional time.

Personally wouldn't risk my life for an extra tenner but, fortunately, I'm in the position to be able to pick and choose jobs. What I would say is I'd do it with WFP and if they weren't happy with the job I wouldn't charge them

We wouldn’t take on trad work it’s WFP only on domestic you don’t tell the car mechanic how to service the car the customer shouldn’t dictate how we clean windows, WFP will also give better results if done right .

I'd tell them that if they are happy to sign a contract that they'll pay my wage for the rest of my life if I have an accident with a ladder then I'll happily do them trad, they'll probably walk away

Do the fronts with the pole and the backs with the ladder. After it tell them If they can point to where the pole hasn't done a better or atleast as good of a job then you will happily do it with the ladder. When they can't see a difference ask them why would they want you risking yourself up a ladder when the end results are the same ?. Then ask if I came to your work would you take unessecery risks where you could fall which could make you miss work for months then loose all your run ?

Divide your hourly into minutes and set the clock!

Personally I wouldn’t deviate from wfp if that’s what you use for residentials. I get stopped all the time locally while doing shops trad and the first thing I tell them is it’s wfp that I use daily in all other jobs.
The only time I make an exception is on pensioner type bungalows where it’s just easier to lift a mop and blade a lot of the time.
The other guys are right the customer shouldn’t dictate what method is used.

Latest Posts

Back