Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Scratched a window using gardiner scraper ?

slippy

Got a gardiner scraper on my slx pole.  It's got white brillo from gardiner wrapped over it too.   I was dragging it back and forth over a stain and I think I scratched the glass.   What am I doing wrong?

I have the scraper on mine but I rotate it to underneath the gooseneck when I'm not using it. I found otherwise it sticks out and catches on brickwork occasionally- picking up grit. That's probably what's happened to yours.

• Like 2
On 8/25/2017 at 17:53, slippy said:

Got a gardiner scraper on my slx pole.  It's got white brillo from gardiner wrapped over it too.   I was dragging it back and forth over a stain and I think I scratched the glass.   What am I doing wrong?

Why are you dragging it back and forth, High level windows on stubborn bird muck scraper only used pads early on but you must keep them clean and best to detach in between uses. 

11 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Why are you dragging it back and forth, High level windows on stubborn bird muck scraper only used pads early on but you must keep them clean and best to detach in between uses. 

Should i push over stain then lift back over and repeat rather than dragging it back and forth?

11 hours ago, slippy said:

Should i push over stain then lift back over and repeat rather than dragging it back and forth?

You should keep the pad clean or remove it by the looks of it in your posted pic :1f44d:

10 hours ago, Tuffers said:

The notch on the scraper slots into the gap in section 1.

your sections are all to c%ck, they should all line up.

are you a troll?

Think it is slotted into the gap.  Just wondered if the scrapper was the right way round

U say sections should line up I mean all the clamps should be in line with eachildren other? 

2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

You should keep the pad clean or remove it by the looks of it in your posted pic :1f44d:

I will give it a rinse.  Do u ever use the scrapper by itself without brillo? 

8 hours ago, Skxawng said:

While we're on the subject of scratches, I'd be careful about resting the brush head on brickwork or the floor as well to avoid getting grit in the bristle's

If u do how u clean it?  Just run your fingers through bristles

4 hours ago, slippy said:

If u do how u clean it?  Just run your fingers through bristles

I turn water on and run my fingers through the bristle's like you said.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.