Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gazz

Well this year I said I'd avoid all commercial work. But ended up taking on a small take away shop for the right price because it's across the road from two houses I clean already.

I was thinking of emailing a few and cold calling places like care homes etc. Right now I don't have a WFP but I will if it's required.

So what commercial work is the best to get into? Do any of you do any commercial work and what is best to avoid?

80% of my turnover is commercial and I would genuinely say not to take on shops as they tend to be very poor priced. Care Homes, quite often, are part of a large group, but if you can find some small independents they tend to be well priced. Payment with these tends to be slow though, and for privacy reasons would probably prefer to be pole cleaned.

Commercial work, where I live, tends to be better money but like residential you'll get good and bad. 

I do one, inside and out on a monthly basis. It pays £40 for 40 minutes work, he doesn't pay me he just knocks it off my bill as it's the best Indian Restaurant in Sunderland and I'm in there twice a month  :1f603:
It seems like he's the one winning. Clean windows and a regular customer twice per month Lol

It seems like he's the one winning. Clean windows and a regular customer twice per month Lol
I would be in there even if I didn't clean their windows and it is only a £20 job really. He actually gets me the large bottles of Magners, as I told him the 330ml bottles were no good for me, and keeps them in a separate fridge and doesn't sell them to any one else  :beerchug:

I would be in there even if I didn't clean their windows and it is only a £20 job really. He actually gets me the large bottles of Magners, as I told him the 330ml bottles were no good for me, and keeps them in a separate fridge and doesn't sell them to any one else  :beerchug:
Seems like he looks after you. I need to get some good restaurants on my books for that reason alone lol.

I love commercial. The pay is better and there is much less hassle. Large commercials are my main income.

Love doing shop fronts as well, though I only have one weekly and three bi weekly yet. They don't pay much per clean, but the hourly rate is insane as they are rarely that dirty. When I worked in Norway 10 years back we had a route where two people could do shop fronts only for an entire day, that was cozy.

Back