Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traveling

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gazz

How far out would you travel for a single house? Does anyone have a work radius where they'd never go any further. 

I don't travel further than certain towns but I can perhaps see me going further but Im unsure for singles. Although singles can become more. Just wondering how far you'd go for £10 houses.

Sometimes when you're trying to build your business you might need to travel, what you have to look at is, is it likely to generate more work in the near future and does it make financial sense. A 30 mile round trip for £20 could well be better then sitting on your settee earning nothing, some on here would advise you not to do it and spend the time canvassing. Ultimately you have to decide these things, when I first started I travelled 500 miles to do a £400 job, I now do the same trip and it has grown into a £1000 job.

5 mile radius at the minute but will slowly start to expand that.

Would I bother with a one of 10 quidder 10 miles away? No, because I don't have the time really, when I started I had few further affield scattered about but I've since dropped them.

Not worth travelling for a £10.00 house out of the way of other work whether it is 5 streets away or 5 mile away in some cases cleaning time plus travel time you need to earning for the total time. 

Its a personal thing as to whether you need to travel over the last 17 years I have gone and done single houses out of the way and only regretted as I haven't gained anymore work and they became a pain to do. Nowadays I wont even take on a house certain houses on in streets I don't already clean in unless its on a developing estate still been built. 

All over the country for £300 x2 guys,

but just in the county for a tenner.

Everywhere is a long way from us.

Not worth travelling for a £10.00 house out of the way of other work whether it is 5 streets away or 5 mile away in some cases cleaning time plus travel time you need to earning for the total time. 

Its a personal thing as to whether you need to travel over the last 17 years I have gone and done single houses out of the way and only regretted as I haven't gained anymore work and they became a pain to do. Nowadays I wont even take on a house certain houses on in streets I don't already clean in unless its on a developing estate still been built. 

Dont have much choice here, i hardly have anything on the same street.

The way i do it is to have a 5 mile radius circle from my house, take on any work in that circle and as time goes on and you get more jobs the circle starts filling up and you can start to join up houses on a route, houses that were 10 mins aprt will over time be linked with other houses. Id say 90% of my work involves a drive of 1-3 minutes between houses

Dont have much choice here, i hardly have anything on the same street.

The way i do it is to have a 5 mile radius circle from my house, take on any work in that circle and as time goes on and you get more jobs the circle starts filling up and you can start to join up houses on a route, houses that were 10 mins aprt will over time be linked with other houses. Id say 90% of my work involves a drive of 1-3 minutes between houses

That's what I meant by a personal thing, As one of us living in another part of the UK having different circumstances etc will have a different take on what is right or wrong for us personally, It's always good to get opinions but only each one of us can decide what is right for our business

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back