Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

just bagged myself huge bargain! but have a question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

a friend of mine had just sold me 2 streamline poles, 22ft & 45ft for a steal (£50). They about 3 years old and used daily both carbon fibre. I have read on here about laquering old poles to get more life out of them, how is it done? And are streamline poles any good, and will they last? I know gardiners are better, but at that price i couldnt say no.

Hello, I haven’t lacquered my poles but frequently wash them out from the bottom with soapy water, extending each section and giving them a good rinse and dry off after - advice from here too about extending the life

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Uuum, not sure whether this would help buuut, when i first started we had allys...heavy as...had a problem with the sections sticking together, at the window cleaning warehouse they just said use adhesive remover on the sections, solved the problem. Same stuff you use to remove stickers, selotape etc from pvc doors & that

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

a friend of mine had just sold me 2 streamline poles, 22ft & 45ft for a steal (£50). They about 3 years old and used daily both carbon fibre. I have read on here about laquering old poles to get more life out of them, how is it done? And are streamline poles any good, and will they last? I know gardiners are better, but at that price i couldnt say no.

We have found this 100 times better than Halford's lacquer.

However, the best lacquer was engine lacquer. I couldn't fault Gunk engine lacquer but I haven't been able to find it. Simonz comes second. 

Don't really matter which lacquer if you do it regularly

Only needs a very thin coating to make a difference

I used to do it every month or so on my old fibreglass pole to stop getting red hands from fibreglass dust

I had forgotten about that vid from Damo and his dad

I do it nowadays on my hybrid pole and it never slips in the clamps

Last edited by a moderator:
3 years old and used daily? You've probably been had ?
Ive stripped them down and have been well maintained, clamps work well with the exeception to the no1 section on the 22 when fully extended, hence asking about laquer. @ £25 a pop im not complaining.

3 years old and used daily? You've probably been had ?
Ive stripped them down and have been well maintained, clamps work well with the exeception to the no1 section on the 22 when fully extended, hence asking about laquer. @ £25 a pop im not complaining.
I occasionally borrow an slx39 off a mate who keeps his poles spotless even wiping sections with a cloth when collapsing them while working and the clamps haven't even needed tightening in over 3 years of use

That is ok with commercial work etc where you are doing blocks of flats etc but not practical for me when doing domestic as it would slow me down too much

Just goes to show that if you treat them well they will last

Maintain them regularly and they will be reliable

I had one and had problems with about three sections that jammed. Ask Streamline what they recommend cleaning it with. Stay well away from using WD40.

Thanks everyone, ill be doing that once im over the flu, how are they to work with? Never used one before, but gotta be better than my hybrid. Will need new brushes too, thinking ultimate for the 45, and universal for the 22. Also will my backpack push the water up the 45 ok? Itll only be every now and again for awkward dormers, solar panels and velux.

Latest Posts

Back