Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One off clean price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cameronmalson1985

I have never done one off cleans as all the customers I have have been regular ones. A person have just asked me for a price for a one off clean 9 windows which includes a patio dooors. What should I be quoting for it. Thank you ??

Depends on how much you want the business. Doesn't matter what anyone else says it's your business. You've been on saying you're struggling to make money so now go and get it. If you are happy doing a regular job the same size  for £10 then I would suggest £15-£20 but your call. 

Depends where you are with the round. I would be approx 3 x now but two year ago I would have taken that at 20 quid all day long...cos I had more time and every penny can and should be invested back into biz at that stage I personally think.

Get busy then get choosy.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used to charge a £25.00 minimum, Never got a single job I wasn't interested either and that lasted for the last 5 years. Now I don't bother even bother giving a price as ain't a interested at the all.

County Durham Lad

If I wanted to do it it would be double the normal price I would charge if it was really bad green with algy then 2-3 times the price I find quite a few are happy to pay this , especially end of term tenancies where they should have been having the windows cleaned regularly and they haven’t had them done 3 times regular price is a bargain for them if they lived ther for a year or so they have saved quite a bit of money 

I'm in a similar position to you @Cameronmalson1985, just starting out, quiet round and plenty of time on my hands. My theory is that I am more likely to pick up business while cleaning than dropping leaflets through doors and this has proven to be true so far (People walking up to me and asking while i'm working). I charge an extra £7 for the first clean or one off cleans, then tell them if they book a regular clean they'll save that £7 each time. A few of my competitors charge double for the first clean so I smash them on price this way.  I even did freebies for mates when I first started out before doing leaflet drops in their streets, this got me more results than just leaflets alone as people could see the job I had done.

I always ask how often do they want them cleaned and not do you want a one off or a regular clean (Learned that the hard way). Still I have met a few 'big spenders' who are like 'once a year' or 'twice a year' and most of them have been just that. There is always the 'you never know' scenario... one of the twice a year crew recommended me on a for sale page and got me 2 new customers, another one I picked up his neighbour. I always make sure when I leave to ask 'are you sure you don't want me to pop round every couple of months? It would only be £XX which is just £X per week'... As long as you're polite the worst they will say is no thanks. I picked up another this way as the husband was saying no to £10 every other month and his wife was like 'for the sake of a tenner crack on'. I find the ones who aren't willing to commit to regular cleans often have a range rover or expensive BMW on the drive and massive houses where the average joe is more likely to keep you coming back again and again.

I price a little higher for every other month an double that price. So say a £10 monthly job. Becomes £15 if done every other month. One off would then be £30. Realy green frames an I would be adding more.  I ask for payment in advance or cash before starting on the day. I treat them as add on like conservatory roofs.  If I'm taking time away from the round it needs to pay well.  I have quoted silly prices for one offs left to last minute. Needs to be today moving out tomorrow . OK two up two down do it on way home £40. Silly buggers have paid it as well. 

Back